Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: electrically tunable lenses and dual axis mirror (Optotune)

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I think this was discussed before but is it possible to Mirror after the scanner to expand the scan angle like the pangolin disco scan thing. My fear is it would diverge the beam at the same time.
    Do you mean like an old mirror scanner that were popular before moving heads? I don't think I've seen an application of that in the laser world, but it would be easy to do. I think most club light manufacturers went down the route of sticking a low end single color laser projector into a moving head instead. Whether mirror or moving head, you wouldn't likely have on-the-fly target zone optimization so depending on the angle being projected/reflected, you'd end up with an endless array of images that need tilt/keystone/etc. adjustments. I'd think you'd be better off using a Discoscan lens or equivalent for a solution to this problem, although like a SafetyScan lens, its going to negatively impact the quality of the beams.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Nope I meant disco scan like mirror/lens

If the mirror is curved of course it will diverge the beam.
    As far as I know Discoscan is just an aspheric fisheye lens which minimizes chromatic aberration.