Thread: still a newb. but i GOTS ma laser nowz...

Default still a newb. but i GOTS ma laser nowz...

it's so beautiful.

and just like the Commodore Pet that i first met in high school, I have no idea how to turn it on. But I'll be damned if I let anyone ELSE turn it on.

So I've got my new year's resolution all set up i guess.

I hope this thing has a demo mode or somethin. Cuz I got a lot of readin' ahead of me I think. But that will be GREAT.

So a usb<=>network interface and hazer/fogger to get. Then figure out where I'm gonna mount it. Probably center of living room aimed straight up and an alternate spot in the loft above the living room aimed straight out along the ceiling. I mayyy buy a dedicated laptop for it. But my midi sequencer needs to be network cabled to it for most uses. Except for when I shoot it at snow outside (terminating in my swamp's trees).

Wish me luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171230_142112.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	53386
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171230_142137.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	53385

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Very nice. I envy you. I've had a Mobile Beat Mirage on my radar for several months since seeing one in person at X-Laser's offices. Very nice tight beams since it's all single mode diodes. Kinda spoils you when you've been spending years looking at multimode diode projectors. Not a ton of power but, a lot isn't necessary for graphics and abstracts and, I'm hoping for this to end up being the "go to" projector for playing with the Z-5 analog console some day. Enjoy!
    PM Sent...

yeah lucky for me it DOES have an ok factory demo.

some goofy multicolor circles and lines and stuff. 2 images - dancing bunny and a rose.

it's only a watt. but i think this'll light up my living room pretty good.

nice tight 30k scanners. i am reeeeeally gonna enjoy learning this thing.

I'll be coding up my midi sequencer to open up the network port and feed the dac on kick, snare, and bass line hits.
    ooooooooooooooooo can't wait. gonna go read upp !!