Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding my old analog console

That's two quadrature oscillators running through the spiral card - at least at the beginning - I didn't watch it all.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Lasermaster1977: thank you

Laserist: So those types of images come from the spiral card. If there a 4 letter acronym for it?

SPGN............
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Alright - that was dumb of me. I thought SPGN was "Spin Generator" and had something to do with image rotation. Thanks for clarifying. Lol - I'm going to need a Laser Images dictionary.

Update

Things are still moving along. I did take a break to clear some land to setup some more area for new beehives coming in this weekend.

Started to hardwire the 4423's, and continued to play around with configuring the AD633s. I really like the way they are working.

I tested the solidstate relay board with the arduino and it works perfectly. I think this will be a major time saver because at a push of a button you can turn on or off multiple signals at one time. Which will allow me to manually control the key features I want (at least in theory).

Order lots of parts to build the KQO, the section on the FXCY that provides a square wave I think, and for the boards I bought from DZ.
    Last edited by Kevint; 04-10-2024 at 12:16.

HELP!

Here is the image of the KQO image - at this moment it is trying very hard to do something but it's not a very happy circuit. I could really use some help troubleshooting. I triple checked the breadboard all looks good but I have to be missing something. The resistor R42 is getting +15V. The outputs are going to my summing amps and then the scan amps- I know that part of the circuit is working. The JFETS are 2N3820s.

Please let me know what info you would like me to gather. To get started, attached is a photo of the breadboard, picture of the image, and a picture of the schematic with some notes.

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240414_220043.jpg  

20240414_213920.jpg  

20240414_221757.jpg  

Note: in the photo, the output from the KQO goes directly to the clipper amps. I was testing by bypassing the symetry pot. The outputs of the KQO should go to the green and white wires attached to the dual pot. The test had no effect on the image.

Here are the wiring diagrams I drew for the KQO circuit, and a photo of one of my builds on breadboard. The spiral may be observed and tested without the clippers or symmetry, or the integrators which are an experiment seen in my breadboard build.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KQO_clock_wiring_diagram.jpg  

KQO_wiring_diagram.jpg  

KQO_breadboard_build.jpg  

Greg. That's wonderful. At first glance it looks like I put the JFETs in backwards. I will try reversing them when I get off work. If that fails, I'll rebuild using your drawing. Fingers crossed.

This scroll fragment found in the keep of Rondor concerns the ringing of the KQO. Hmm. Now I wonder which bit is the DMux bit which enables PDM? I never noticed that until now. My Summer Madness might be missing something important. By the way it appears that no one knows what PDM stands for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FXCY_alignment_excerpt.jpg