Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z-Fold 532 nm Cavity YouTube Video

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    That would be Kevin @ Starlight... He didn't crack it, he designed a whole new controller.
    Wow! So he figured out how to detune the pump diode so the rod wouldn't shatter? That's really impressive!

Damned shame that he isn't pursuing the project any longer. Those AMS units were good for up to 200 watts of green. And being DPSS, they would be a lot more reliable compared to the flashlamp-pumped Laserscopes. Sure would make for one hell of an outdoor laser! (Although good luck if you're not terminated and have to file for an FAA letter of non-objection... Can you just imagine what the NOHD would be on a beast like that, with peak pulse power nearing 100 KW? Ouch!)

Then too, I wonder what you'd have to spend to get a set of scanner mirrors that could handle 200 watts of Q-switched green?

Maybe it's just as well that he didn't publish his results.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    I found this green wavelength DPSS cavity interesting, anyone ever see one of these specific laser cavities before? Curious what it might be out of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvKyKeSZIaU
    Hello!

Firstly, that's not my Youtube channel; absolutely nothing to do with me - he is a different Daniel

Secondly, I don't think it's out of anything commercial, and absolutely nothing LSCP or similar.
    They don't use epoxy / hot-glue!
    It looks fully home-brew. Hats off to the guy for building a thing and getting it to lase!

All the best,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -