Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Stan_Ham diode driver (analog)

ok thank you
    So I think I will convert the +12V to +6V and -6V with this schematic
    http://www.sonelec-musique.com/image...tuelle_004.gif
    Last edited by nain-nain; 01-25-2009 at 10:11.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by nain-nain View Post
    ok thank you
    So I think I will convert the +12V to +6V and -6V with this schematic
    http://www.sonelec-musique.com/image...tuelle_004.gif
    we have a language problem here. You do not need split rails, your either need 0 to +5 or 0 to +12V , not +/_ 6 That is a single supply opamp in the schematic.

Steve

Oh sorry. So it's easier. But why there is "Power+6V" and "Power-6v" on the left of the schematic ?

Quote Originally Posted by nain-nain View Post
    Oh sorry. So it's easier. But why there is "Power+6V" and "Power-6v" on the left of the schematic ?
    that would be my mistake

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

BECAUSE A the spice simulation program used to draw the schematic wants to see a termination for a software defined voltage source for modeling purposes. See the ground signal attached to minus six?? In reality thats zero or ground!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    BECAUSE A the spice simulation program used to draw the schematic wants to see a termination for a software defined voltage source for modeling purposes. See the ground signal attached to minus six?? In reality thats zero or ground!

Steve
    thats true...

i used EAGLE to make the schematic and PCB.

I've had a go at etching this PCB for the first time the other day, (i had to draw the pcb by hand onto some copper clad board with an etch resist pen) but the etch resist pen seemed to get partly.. etched! in kinda little bubbles and stuff dont suppose any of you , preferably in the UK, could print me one and i pay you for your troubles?! I really want to have a go at building one of these.
    Cheers
    Tom

Hello,

Just wanted to give thanks to Anthony and Rob for the nice simple driver design. Since I am new to circuit design, I bounced the idea off a friend who is helping me etch the boards, and he re-did the PCB layout to use a smaller board with a big ground plane. The idea was to decrease the footprint of the driver, and also to leave more copper on the PCB in order to use up less of the etching chemicals.

I assembled the first board and am still testing it, but I wanted to share the PCB design in case anyone else wants to give it a shot. This was done with Eagle and I do enjoy the curvy traces I have attached the high-res images and eagle files to the next post if anyone wants to play with it.

Here is a not-too-great picture of a completed board next to a blank:

Thanks again for the design!
    Last edited by djscsi; 03-02-2009 at 23:49. Reason: added attachment

Quote Originally Posted by djscsi View Post
    Hello,

Just wanted to give thanks to Anthony and Rob for the nice simple driver design. Since I am new to circuit design, I bounced the idea off a friend who is helping me etch the boards, and he re-did the PCB layout to use a smaller board with a big ground plane. The idea was to decrease the footprint of the driver, and also to leave more copper on the PCB in order to use up less of the etching chemicals.

We have etched the boards and I will be assembling the first driver soon, but I wanted to share the PCB design in case anyone else wants to give it a shot. This was done with Eagle and I do enjoy the curvy traces

Thanks again for the design and I'll post some shots of the completed board when I finish assembling it the first one.
    Nice design!!
    Can you send me the printable Black/white highres layout?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Can you send me the printable Black/white highres layout?
    Here you go, I have attached a .zip with the high-res images and eagle files as requested.

I assembled the first board and it doesn't seem to work properly, so I'm looking for errors. With my meter hooked up to the output, I get about .95 - 1 amp, and adjusting the pots don't change the current reading. Hope I didn't make a mistake somewhere! Might want to hold off on making one of these boards until I figure out what happened

edit: fixed - works fine - see next post
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djscsi; 03-04-2009 at 11:23.