View Poll Results: Hazer or fogger for laser display?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fogger

9 16.98%
  • Hazer

44 83.02%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hazer vs Fogger for lasers display

San Diego California in the United States

Default Hazer vs Fogger for lasers display

What do you think is better for the lasers display? a hazer or a fogger? and why?

both, either or none, depending on what/where/how/who/which flavor
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Hazer for me.smaller particles ,and better distribution. hazer *smoke* tends to stay up longer. you need less of it as well.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Overall, I'd say hazer, but I agree with Mr. Coffee that it depends on the application.

If you have a large venue and you want your beams to have a little more punch, I'd go with a hazer (ex. DF-50).

Fog isn't all bad though. I don't remember the model, but a friend of mine used what he called a "fazer" which was more of a high-volume fogger. The effect stayed in the air pretty well and filled what was a very tall venue. (4-story lobby of a convention center.)

There is also the "goo-factor" to be considered if the device is to be used long term in a venue.

HERE is a thread where the topic was discussed to some length.

-Jonathan

I have cheap party fogger. The fog didn't stay in the air long enough to work well. But then I got some Froggies Swamp Juice. That stuff has great hang time and is great for what I do. I just use it at home, though. If I had to fog up a theatre I'd probably go for a hazer.

Default hazer

I have seen both foggers and hazers in public venues and of the two the hazer over all is the better chioce for beam effects, does not give a smoked out look and no smell that I remember and the haze stays in the air a lot longer.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

My Martin stage hazer seemed to hold it's own for quite some time this year's SELEM...I didn't see anyone hitting the fog machines at all while it was set to a level 4 out of 10. No fogged out look when the house lights were on and the beams seemed to be proud then.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Smile

Hazers produce a uniform "fog" that is very light and even. It also hangs in the air forever, so you don't use much fluid. But it is so uniform that there is never any variation in it.

Foggers produce a more splotchy, uneven fog that varies quite a bit in density. But this gives fans and tunnels more definition, and you get these wonderful paisley-like patterns that you won't get with a hazer. It also does not stick around very long.

A Fogger loaded with "Froggy's Swamp Juice" (as Gary mentioned above) plus a fan to move it around the venue is an ideal compromise, in my opinion. The Froggy's fluid ensures a longer hang time, which helps minimize fluid use, and the fan helps to disperse the fog so it doesn't become too opaque. But you still get those wonderful paisley-like patterns...

And of course, if you've got the money, get one of each! Then you're golden. Set the hazer to maintain a basic level of fog in the venue, and use the fogger with a fan to add definition when needed.

Adam

Good thing I kept the Antari.....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I'm a fan of a fogger with a big fan and 'long hang' fluid. This way you can move the fog where you need it and it gets dispersed nicely enough.

I find that in this way you can get away with outdoor/semi outdoor gigs where you simply couldn't with a hazer.

And much cheaper...