Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Laserworld

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I don't get all the troubles everyone has with Laserworld. They are in fact measuring their lasers with Swiss Watts. Nowadays 500 Swiss mW are actually 2000 (normal) mWatts, but I have to check the circulation rate. The Swiss Watts are losing their value, maybe the numbers aren't correct.

Ok, I'm sorry about my low humour level.

But, IN MY OPINION, Laserworld has some serious problems with his sellers. As I read here, Laserworld was a very good reputated company that sells products with the right specs on it (didn't they, White-light/RGBLaserFan?). Their e-baysellers on the other hand, sell their products with underrated specs. Laserworld reads all the bad replies and send "Peter", who doesn't get any clue of the bad comments. Now, search the fault in this last alinea.
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 03-26-2009 at 12:52. Reason: Edited? I haven't edited a thing! Wait, this is Laserworld attitude.

ok...

UPDATE....

i have the customer here who sparked my original post on this in the first place. LaserWorld has sent them *SUPPOSEDLY* NEW, and SUPPOSEDLY *proper* powered lasers now....

measurements, data, pictures and analysis to come!!!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    ...LaserWorld has sent them *SUPPOSEDLY* NEW, and SUPPOSEDLY *proper* powered lasers now....
    Could the fabled "Power of t'internet" be working?

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    ok...

UPDATE....

i have the customer here who sparked my original post on this in the first place. LaserWorld has sent them *SUPPOSEDLY* NEW, and SUPPOSEDLY *proper* powered lasers now....

measurements, data, pictures and analysis to come!!!!

-Marc

So Marc and I are done metering the "lasers" (Yes these are my projectors)

I must say im surprised. Im not sure if it is the chewing out of ones arse-hole, looking bad on a forum, or the fact they wanna do good business. Wait, hold off on that last one. I have been speaking with the CEO Martin about selling these and maybe that motivated him. I have had to deal with Peter before as well. It was the same run around with him. I will say that Martin was better to deal with, and if he reads this he needs to put a gag on that boy.

Im going to let the facts speak for themselves. I think we need to keep future posts and always make sure we report dealings with these guys.

UPDATE-

LaserWorld decided to send the customers new, "Proper" laser modules.
    It took about a year, and this forum and negative post to get the "PROPER" Lasers which the customer paid for.

System #1- 2 WATT 532nm. Typical output stated: ~1.2W (i STILL dont like that way of stating powr outputs, but whatever.

Original output from factory- ~350mW. (Purchased as a 2W CNI.) Module was a refurbished "LaserCentury" or something module in there. please see original post for pics.

NEW LASER SHIPPED TO CUSTOMER AFTER HOUNDING THE HELL OUT OF LASERWORLD:

A Proper CNI Laser now!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LWPIX3 002_1.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	6639
    And outputting what it SHOULD BE outputting!!!

Name:	LWPIX3 005_1.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	6640

System #2: 3.5 WATT RGB. Typical output- 2.3 WATT.

Original readings- RED 340mW
    GREEN 130mW
    BLUE 118mW
    APPROX TOTAL- 600mW at White. (Supposed to be 2.3W minimum. 3.5 Typical)

RATED Specs-
    RED- 1.7W @650nm
    GREEN- 350mW @532nm
    BLUE- 200mW @473nm

NEW MEASURED SPECS AFTER NEW REPLACEMENT LASERS SENT:

Red Laser:

Name:	LWPIX3 010_1.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	6641

Name:	LWPIX3 011_1.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	6642

>2 WATTS

Green Laser:

Name:	LWPIX3 008_1.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	6643

Name:	LWPIX3 007_1.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	6644

>500mW

Blue Laser:

Name:	LWPIX3 013_1.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	6645

Name:	LWPIX3 014_1.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	6646

240mW

NOW we have a pretty nice RGB laser going! still doesnt come close to their "typical output" specification of 3.5 WATTS. But at least it hits their minimum.

LaserWorld- WHY COULDNT YOU JUST DO THIS FROM THE BEGINING!?!?!? This is the SAME meter i used for the first tests. So, NOW YOU SEE....NO meter problems! and i DO know how to meter a beam of light!!!

Its good to see that you "made good" with this customer! i am VERY happy for these gentlemen that although its about a year later, they have FINALLY got the equipment they invested in.

Contrary to what you belive LaserWorld...i was and am NOT "out to get you" or ANY company for that matter!! You DO however, have some SERIOUS rethinking of your business model and ethical practices to go over. This is just ONE customer that has been cheated by you. You made good with THESE customers. but that DOES NOT excuse your poor business practices.

I am happy with the outcome from THIS situation. Although i know there are MANY other less fortunate people out there who invested ALOT of money into pretty much nothing!

And LaserWorld...please...for the LOVE OF GOD....NEVER LET PETER SPEAK ON YOUR BEHALF!!!!!!!! he has escalated this with his irresponsible and idiotic responses of jibberish!

i *HOPE* you change your ways LaserWorld!! i honestly do!!

-Marc
    -CT. Lasers
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

Default New scoring system needed!

Instead of two thumbs up for great. Or one thumb up for good. one thumb down for bad and two thumbs down for sucks big time.

for Laser worlds recent attempt at redemption I award one slightly un flacid penis
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    for Laser worlds recent attempt at redemption I award one slightly un flacid penis
    LOL-

While I happen to agree that this is by far, NOT a redemption...at least it shows SOME sort of positive direction. Perhaps i may be VERY wrong, and perhaps they only did this to shut us up in this forum, but the bottom line is that *THESE* particular customers have some closure and some positive outcome.

OBVIOUSLY, when and if more customers come to this forum for this same type of redemption....we can will see how well LaserWorld Lasers makes good on their commitments to their customers!

-Marc

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

Thumbs up

Nice work Marc! Now, who is next? I remember seeing two LaserWorld projectors at FLEM. DjMatt... Mophead... Doug, you did have one right?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Nice work Marc! Now, who is next? I remember seeing two LaserWorld projectors at FLEM. DjMatt... Mophead... Doug, you did have one right?

Naw, I only have the green on a slab of wood at the moment.

I suppose it is better than most laserworld though. It is a laserwave 200mw-- it measured ~500mw at FLEM with Adams coherent pen.