Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High Power Coherent Laser Diodes on Ebay

If frost is developing on a bare FAP diode array.... Don't do that. You will kill it. The TEC needs to be stabilized, not running at max.

P.S. Hope you have goggles...

Hello,
    The diode is a fiber array package. Its sealed inside a case with a fiber bundle termination. Still though, frost is bad for most diodes from what I know. I need some way to control the temperature. I figured that running this diode with 30A and NOT powering the fan on the peltier's heatsink would be enough to prevent frosting....Oh well, better than burning!

No worries, I have OD6 (at 808nm) goggles from thorlabs. Cant even see the output with them on.

Funny, there is a guy selling these high power coherent diodes on ebay asking $700.00 and claiming some outrageous stuff! I picked mine up from Mr. Gizmos for $149.99.

Anyone here tried pumping a yag rod yet with one of these big boys?

Matt

Necro post warning, but does anyone know what these units are going for?

I found this info on them:

http://www.componentexchangeillinois...aser-diode.php

There was one on ebay recently, but for 600 dollars.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

... search for "coherent fap" - found several types from 25W to 50W and prices from 120€ to 500€.

For better use search for fibercoupled modules with 0,1mm or 0,2mm fibers - much better suited for engraving or melting/fusing for smaller focus diameter ...

Viktor

Reading that illinois thread the individual indicated the far field was a point and from that good for DPSS but I'm doubting that now. These are also said to be able to run 100 watts all day long in that write, but then I found it is 100 watts pulse, 60 CW. Can't find more info than that regarding 100 watt operation or whether really usable for DPSS.

I know this is an old thread, but did the laser driver schematic ever get posted ?
    I'd be really curious to see what was cooked up -