Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Health of Admin

Default Health of Admin

Pardon this post as it is baseless, without merit, and wholly self aggrandizing.

BP == 157/103 ; Resting pulse of 112.

Stress ROCKS. A RCH away from a hypertensive crisis is not exactly how I expected to spend my morning but meh, what can I do.

That is all.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I don't know anything about your physique, but I recently had an operation and lost a stone and a half as a result of dietary changes - in my case I had to give up eating bread and started having more casseroles instead. I also now pick ready meals from the supermarket based on fat content. there are still some great meals that aren't just for tortoises (I hate salads and pastas etc) that are only amber or green on fat eg. pork in red wine sauce (we have a traffic light on packet warning system in the UK) and have kept it off as a result. I'm now 14 1/2 stone instead of just under 16. I feel so more better for it and my blood pressure is much lower now.

In fact I feel so good, I've not gone back to bread even though I can now eat it. Highly recommend the change for your blood pressure even if some of it is stress, you will still see a benefit. A few pounds make all the difference. Bread is the devils food.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    ...Bread is the devils food.
    Are you mad !?
    'Tis the Staff of Life.
    Now't like the smell of freshly baked bread.
    Or crusty cobs smothered with fresh butter.

Mmmmmmmmmm...........

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Hiya, I'm the ghost of the extremely commercialized winter solstace holiday past. I really screwed up my life by NOT dealing with the BP problem.

Ditch the sodium, Ditch anything with high fructose corn sugar, reduce intake of sodas and coffee. Cut back the carbs. Do NOT fast, aim for 1200 calories a day. Drink water. Add a small amount of acidic stuff to the water, like lemon juice, reduces cravings for the Soda pop. Keep some rice cakes in the car, for dealing with cravings /fast food desires.

SEE a MD.

Walk away from conflicts. Actively do something to get rid of the stress.

The DASH II diet is designed to be safe and reduce hypertension. It works.

Get a something that blows out large amounts of 7.62 nato and use it to eliminate the real problems. JUST KIDDING!

Failure to deal with the problem now will turn you into a loser like me. Setting here trying to remember the last time I really felt useful and had a lot of friends and missing a job running the day to day ops of what in the civilian world would be equal to a fortune 1000 enterprise. You do NOT want to proceed to the next step, which is a hospital visit and missing some functions you used to have.

I've lost 79 pounds, but its a horrible cost for meds very month.

FIX IT NOW< before it escalates to stage II or Stage III. I'm no MD< but I learned the hard, blockheaded, way of what you have to do. It varies from body type to body type and personal situation. It requires considerable discipline and experimentation to get back to normal after stage II or stage III hypertension. Failure to do so means you set in a hospital bed and find out how many friends you really have.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Geez Spec, you really should take more care of yourself. If there's anyones advice you should follow, it would be Steve's....

Exclamation What the hell are you waiting for? Fix this!

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    A RCH away from a hypertensive crisis is not exactly how I expected to spend my morning but meh, what can I do.
    What can you do? Well, speaking as an EMT, you can carry your ass to a doctor TODAY and get a prescription for some high blood pressure medicine! We're talking 4 bucks per month here. (Walmart pharmacy)

Remember, having a massive stroke can be *worse* than having a heart attack. Why? Because even though you can frequently survive a stroke, they can't fix the damage. So, do you want to spend the rest of your life paralyzed on one side? Or unable to speak? Think about it... Then get your ass to a clinic. Today.
    BP == 157/103 ; Resting pulse of 112.
    By today's protocol, that would not be a RCH away from a hypertensive episode, that would immediately qualify as a hypertensive *emergency*. (Diastolic above 100) You are being recklessly flippant about this.

Seriously, don't screw around. This is *easy* to fix. I'm talking dead-cinch easy, 1 pill a day and you can do whatever you want easy. Go see a doctor. Now.

Adam

Sorry to hear it Spec...

I think you and I both need to take some of Steve's advice. I've had my brushes with tension-induced health problems... I've been known to dwell on things for a long time, coupled with mugs of coffee and cans of RedBull... I've learned to let it go, but recently it's getting tougher to let go when it simply piles up!

Ah well... what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? (This statement is going to get a lot of heat, isn't it? )

Take it easy;
    DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Exclamation Don't joke about it - fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right?
    No, when it comes to hypertension, what doesn't kill you will disable you for life! Heart muscle heals, and we've gotten fairly good at both cleaning out and even replacing coronary arteries. But brain tissue does not heal, and we haven't figured out how to fix a damn thing in there. You have a massive bleed upstairs and you're screwed for the rest of your life. (And you will be *MISERABLE*....)

Seriously - hypertension is *easy* to fix. It's one of the things that medicine has gotten really right. One pill a day and you're golden, and most of the common drugs are generic and can be had at Walmart for $4 per month.

Don't wait.

Adam

anyone suggest Valium yet? seriously...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Or a beta blocker even...

Adam