Thread: Poor build quality on Chinese lasers?

Default Poor build quality on Chinese lasers?

I am on my second Kam laser, the first didn't work on DMX and the cooling fan didn't kick in. The second one (which i have only had for one day) seems to be off alignment (it was alright earlier) and is now projecting inside the case rather through the glass aperture on the front.

I know these are very cheap, but am I unlucky or is that the sort of quality they are?

Default yep

yep you get what you pay for when it comes to lasers,
    thats why a lot of us choose to build are own
    you should give it a go its loads of fun too
    or just rip the one you got apart and upgrade the parts

Usually you do get what you pay for, that seems to be especially crappy though. Usually the light will at least make it out of the projector
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Hi

This is a long standing issue but I do wish to mention that not all Chinese lasers are a problem.
    Not all Chinese lasers are bad manufacturers.
    Not all European manufacturers are that good either...

I think what has to happen (other than the great advise to get in there yourself) is to be careful who you select as your supplier.

I have Chinese, European and USA lasers in the mix... mmmmmmm !! had issues with them across the board so...

"You get what you pay for" does not necessarily ring true.

What is probably true is that a good laser and its associated components, irrespective of who or where made is hopefully a reflection of what is inside there.
    One things for sure if its dirt cheap it probably is not a good sign..
    BUT don't be fooled simply by the price, just because its more expensive may not mean much either. (research Laser World here on PL for example)

Look around on here and you will soon see the good ones to consider and yes some of them are Chinese and have a great client relationship record..

Just to get you started... consider LaseWave, CNI, Viasho (all China) consider Kvant, Arctos, Swisslase (European)... Coherant if you own a bank and want Rolls Royce.
    Look at LaserShow Parts (Australia) One Stop Laser Shop ( USA) CT lasers(USA) and Gottaluvlasers here on PL (UK)..

But your best resource is right here on PL....
    The first step to a good laser is to shut your wallet and start asking right here before you buy not after.

Good luck

Ray
    NZ

I would go as far as saying all the Chinese laser shows ( as opposed to laser heads ) I have had the misfortune to use/fix/etc are rubbish.. It really pays to spend that extra little bit of money and buy from a European company such as RGB lasersystems..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thanks everyone. My aim is to build something myself, I brought a cheap (£180) ready built unit to play around with, thinking I might be able to use some of the components later.