Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Delivers USPS Mail in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    That's really strange, UPS delivered me a Parcel in the UK.

Came in a big brown UPS van with gold crest. Maybe they use a mixture of methods depending on the deliveries scheduled for the area.
    Daft question but...

Could it be that the parcel was sent from the US by UPS in the first place?

It appears that Parcelforce seem to deliver items that come into the UK by USPS.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Daft question but...

Could it be that the parcel was sent from the US by UPS in the first place?

It appears that Parcelforce seem to deliver items that come into the UK by USPS.

Jem
    It came from Holland. Also, I just noticed you were talking about USPS and I was talking about UPS. Maybe that's why there was a difference in delivery methods.

On my street, delivery attempted means they halfway looked at the front of the house. I have even had them put the notice in my box with me sitting on the front porch. I have never once got something requiring signature without going to the post office.

Just venting...

--John

Post shown on the USPS tracking site

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Gosh... That was easy

I contacted Parcelforce and apparently the parcel is being held awaiting payment of the customs charges. They did say they had sent me a letter requesting payment, but that of course was held up by the UK Royal Mail postal strike . Anyway, i've just payed the charges by c/card and the parcel will be delivered tomorrow.

@Jim... As you rightly stated, the time of attempted delivery (shown on the USPS tracking site) has nothing at all to do with actual delivery of the parcel to the recipient. It is simply the time it was handed over to Parcelforce in the UK.

This is worth noting, as anyone looking at the USPS site would (as I did) assume that the actual parcel had been delivered

Another happy conclusion thanks to the folks on PL

Cheers

Jem
    I wonder if you can help me. What USPS tracking site did you use? The one I find through google does not track my package from the USA despite being sent through USPS Priority Mail. It has only been snt on the 21st of November. Royal Mail still does not find my tracking number either.

Hi

And welcome to PL

It's three years ago since I got that package, so I can't remember which site I used specifically. However, a quick Google search came up with... https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...n!input.action

Give that a try with your tracking number and then report back.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thanks, already tried that one and this is the message I get: Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.