Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enterprise II ArIon Start problem

Ben --

The manual isn't clear about all the heads. There is some "tuning" on the rear mirror reported which maximizes the output. It is a "search and peak" mode. I presume then that the mirrors on this must be coated to maximize at 458 nM. I was hoping for a grating which can be tuned.

Mike

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock Mike View Post
    Ben --

The manual isn't clear about all the heads. There is some "tuning" on the rear mirror reported which maximizes the output. It is a "search and peak" mode. I presume then that the mirrors on this must be coated to maximize at 458 nM. I was hoping for a grating which can be tuned.

Mike
    Coherent does have a internal prism on on some medical tubes, but to the best of knowledge not on Enterprise, there would have to be a menu to over ride search and peak to changw wavelengths. So its a safe bet you have single line, sealed mirrors. I think you willl find there are no "human" adjustments on the rear mirror.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Yeah no prism, sealed optics. Looks like you got 80mw of raging 488nm
    Sit down before fact like a little child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, fallow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
    -T.H. Huxley

Ian ---

The defeat board arrived today -- Thanks again.
    have my P3 jumper ready to go so maybe this week, I'll fire it up.

Mike

Ian or others.
    I finally got the time to set up this laser again. The board Ian sent plus a jumper closed the interlock circuit.
    When I turn on the key switch, the contactor closes for about 3 seconds then drops out showing "System Fault". The book says that the laser emission light on the head needs to be good and it lights up. However, the light on the power supply was burned out.
    Could this be my problem? I had to put it away again but I have the indicator light fixed now.

Mike

My coherent Enterprise has the same problem!! ...has anybody a solution of this fault? current limit and interlock fault