Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Modulation efficiency

I would be happy to help in any way possible, but I must confess that I don't have any experience with ADAT so I would need some pointers as to how to accomplish the tests you need.

Quote Originally Posted by dazebtwn View Post
    Tocket, can you extract the average pulse width and duty cycle form the DAQ data?
    I don't have the pulse width yet, but the duty cycle is a mere 42%. Will try to get the pulse width distribution when I find the time.

If anyone wants to have a go at analyzing the data it can be found here: http://tocket.mine.nu/laser/out.rar (15MB rar - extracts to 270MB text file)
    Last edited by tocket; 12-04-2009 at 13:49.

It would be very interesting to look at 457nm also, as this type of laser modulates much better than 532 or 473 because the Cristal used seems to be much less temperature Dependant. No grinding or yellibeaning and much more liniair modulation, alsmost the same a diode lasers (445nm) only 457 is Tem00 and got the brightness of a 473.

Especially now they are affordable.

I can get 500mW 457nm CNI for 1800 euro!

So in my opinion 457nm is the way to go as it got the best of all worlds.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I would be happy to help in any way possible, but I must confess that I don't have any experience with ADAT so I would need some pointers as to how to accomplish the tests you need.

ADAT is a highly specialized VCR like device by design. Its a 4U tall 19" rack box.

Pick up ADAT from Bruce in Fenton. Take it home, or take your projector to my pal, If B, have Beer with him then.

ADAT has 8 inputs and 8 outputs on its back. Stick in provided S-VHS tape. hook 3 output cables to R,G,B inputs on projector. Enable record by pressing channel enable buttons on tracks 4,5,6. Confirm 5 green lights and 3 red ones. Stick photodiodes in, red, green, and blue beams. Plug cables from photodiodes into ADAT input jacks 4,5,6. . Press play and record at same time. Set back and enjoy the flickering, massive array of rms vu blinkenlights. Mail tape to me, return ADAT to Bruce, Have beer with Bruce and talk about airplanes. Fly Bruce's room size multiscreen simulator.
    Your done.

Simple enough?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

sounds good.

I think I have the number if I recall correctly.

Well, cross off AOM's from the list, unless you can find good surplus ones. Got a quote from a company today, for a brand new AOM and driver, they want $3,300!

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post

I can get 500mW 457nm CNI for 1800 euro!

What's the size of the power supply/ controller on those? Is it 'Lab' style or OEM?

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Well, cross off AOM's from the list, unless you can find good surplus ones. Got a quote from a company today, for a brand new AOM and driver, they want $3,300!
    Thats about 3.5 times too much.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Ok, now I've analyzed the data with respect to pulse width. It seems 200 µs is the most common width (23% of the pulses). 77% of the pulses are shorter than 1 ms and 99% shorter than 5 ms.

Here's the pulse width distribution:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pwidth.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    What's the size of the power supply/ controller on those? Is it 'Lab' style or OEM?

Jem
    We will soon ( after the store reopens ) have a few options for 457 at more or less the price that Mccarrot quoted.

There will be options of lab or oem head ( oem head requires a heatsink ) with lab or oem style power supply

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/