Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pics that will make you cry (halfnote)

I think if it wasn't for the one very damaged/cracked mirror then it could possibly be made to shine again with what is there.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

It can be repaired , as long as you have everything it can be fine again. Your just going to have to dump more money into it !! Remember its solid state !!!
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

Do you guys also feel that this busines is a lot worse than others, when it comes to those kinds of problems ?

Regards, Simon
    Yes and no.

the bottom line is dont do business with or do trades with people who have not established themselves as trustworthy. A quick buck or a seemingly good deal IS NOT worth the hassles of all this crap afterwards!

there are good people and companies out there. And there are a**hole people and companies out there. This profession is like EVERY other profession out there. There is ALWAYS going to be jerks out there trying to pull a fast one and/or rip you off. Protect yourself.

I dont know why in gods name you will give somebody equipment without getting paid first. or purchase something of value without testing it and/or iron clad purchase agreements.

If somebody wants equipment of yours. GET PAID FIRST! dont give them equipment without getting money! i dont even do that with my mom! LOL. you want something, buy it!!! if you cant afford it, dont buy it! lol, pretty simple concept.

im not (nor are you) Mastercard or Visa. this profession doesn't extend credit. i take NOBODY's word for ANYTHING! it protects them and yourself!!

I, of course am not accusing anyone in this thread of ANYTHING. i am just responding to the comment made that i quoted.

Too many trades and sales have seemed to have gone very wrogn here lately and in my opinion they ALL seem to be very easily avoided if both parties just relied more on common sense than on impulses!!

I have gotten many requests for some "non-standard" forms of purchases and/or trades. i quite simply just don't do them. On a VERY few extraordinary circumstances i did, but it was with GREAT investigations and protection on my behalf and the customers behalf.

If a customer wants something of mine, they buy it. If they can't buy it...they don't get it. If its used, they buy it. If they cant afford to buy it used, then they don't get it. If they have something i want, i buy it. if i cant afford to buy it, i dont get it.

Deals are doomed to fail from the get go. Many more trades go bad than go good.

It should be a rule here from now on that both parties that perform a trade BOTH pay the FULL value of what the item *should* sell for and put it in some escrow account or with a third party until the trade is completed and bot parties are satisfied.

If both parties are satisfied with the trade, all money gets returned. If the trade goes bad, then it gets investigated and possible money can be returned if falt is found.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Showlaser.dk View Post
    Do you guys also feel that this busines is a lot worse than others, when it comes to those kinds of problems ?
    I'm also going to say yes and no... the problem with this hobby/business is that its a much smaller universe of people, so a few bad apples make the whole thing look bad... although it does seem that the percentage of douche bags in this hobby is alarmingly high... I actually had a conversation about this with someone that worked for a very large laser show related company and he told me some pretty incredible stories...

That being said, I am also on message boards for computer stuff/headphones/high end audio/amateur radio/and a few others with FS/FT message boards and there are plenty of douches out there looking to take your money either via misrepresenting or outright theft