Thread: blueray lens

Default blueray lens

ok after buying some blueray in the group buy
    what lens are available and where do i get then ?
    i sure its been done on here somwhere before if somone could post a link

thanks
    happy new year

Default lens

does no one know what lens to use for blueray and where to get them

I wouldn't mind finding out either, other than the ones that aixiz sells on their website. I thought there were better lens27 types or maybe I am just wishing...

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

with the aixis, 3mm beam, with lens 27 1.5x2mm beam BUT they are coated for red...so I think it will have many loss...we have to found a good balance..

This dude at LPF has some 405nm coated lenses.

the problem I've seen with the 405-g-1 is that it sacrifices beam quality (especially far-field) for power. They are used with single-mode diodes, so you're not going to see TEM00 out of them with any lens assembly, but I still like as good-looking of a beam as possible. The multi-element 405nm Aixiz give a very good beam, but don't transmit quite as well as the 405-g-1.

Default aixiz

heres a bit of info did you know that all the different lens that aixiz sell , plastic,three element glass,and 405nm can be found here http://www.roithner-laser.com/Optics-LD.htm i bet they charge alot more for them ?

No mention of 405-G-2 in this thread, and it ought to be ok. Its datasheet says so anyway. BUT, it was made to handle the newer 445 nm diodes too. Does anyone know if that meant it lost ability for 405 nm compared to the 405-G-1? (I'm not about to rethink the 25 G-2's I bought, I'm just curious...)

The G-1 and G-2 pretty much have nearly identical results. The only difference is the coating but divergence and pass are pretty much the same with normal small variations from lens to lens of a few percent for 405 and 445. The G-1 may have a slight advantage in pass at 600nm+ but it is really 1-2%. Here is a test I did a long time ago showing the power difference between the three element(Aixiz) lens, The two element O-like lens and the G-1 with 445nm.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/ai...1-a-54862.html