Thread: Haiti Assistance Needed!

Default Haiti Assistance Needed!

OK, so I'm not usually bothered by natural disasters and things like that the way this Haitian earthquake has been bothering me. The scale is simply staggering beyond belief, and in such a poor country makes it that much worse. Port-au-prince may as well have been nuked in terms of the devastation and casualty count. Due to the fact that Haiti is so poor, not a single structure avoided major damage, and it is feared that there are hundreds of thousands dead. The buildings were ramshackle in their best shape, so unlike what would have happened to structures in richer countries, these buildings came down easily and completely, burying untold masses. THEY NEED OUR HELP!!

The laser community might not be big, but if we can do something to ease someone's suffering we can make a difference. Here's a link to The American Red Cross:

American Red Cross

Whether you donate to the Red Cross or to any other Haitian earthquake aid organization, you can do your part to help people who are desperately in need right now. People just like you and me.

as someone who has done a lot of work for the red cross, when you donate, consider donating to the red cross, not specifically to the haiti fund... the red cross still has tons of money from 9/11 that it cant do anything with because it was allocated to that fund specifically...

although this situation is a bit different so I am sure no amount of money is going to be enough to help them out... really bad bit of luck down there... the MDFR USAR (Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Urban Search And Rescue) team got deployed today down there...

done,,,

you have to text to : YELE to # 501501
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Default idea

We could put all of our talent and gear together and do a benifit laser show, different regions put on their own shows with the profits going to the Red Cross. I would offer my gear to put it on in the NW, maybe we could get some of the talented people on here to secuence an hour or so beam/graphics show together for content. And I'm sure just a call to the paper and local tv station telling them it was a benifit for Haiti, would get us free advertisment...
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    We could put all of our talent and gear together and do a benifit laser show, different regions put on their own shows with the profits going to the Red Cross. I would offer my gear to put it on in the NW, maybe we could get some of the talented people on here to secuence an hour or so beam/graphics show together for content. And I'm sure just a call to the paper and local tv station telling them it was a benifit for Haiti, would get us free advertisment...
    What do you guys think?
    I think it sounds like a very good idea, and fun too! I'm not a professional, so I can't do public shows, but I have little doubt that your plan could certainly benefit Haiti if it was done properly.

I just secured a 1500person capacity venue in Downtown Seattle on friday Feburary 5th for a benifit show to help the people of Haiti. We will be having 2 rooms, the bar area with dj's, and the main room with bands and laser show; and a silent auction in the 3rd room(we could use donations of goods, services, or gift baskets so ask your bosses and friends for possible donations to be auctioned off). Anyone wanting to donate their services, time, or money would be greatly appriciated. The venue is the King Cat Theatere, 2130 6th Avenue; Seattle, WA 98121-2513, and their website is www.kingcattheater.com . So how about it, anyone willing to offer artwork for this? I will bring my 5Watt RGB, a pair of 3Watt Green DPSS, fog machines, Led lighting, and a 4000Lumen video projector... PM me to get involved....

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    I just secured a 1500person capacity venue in Downtown Seattle on friday Feburary 5th for a benifit show to help the people of Haiti. We will be having 2 rooms, the bar area with dj's, and the main room with bands and laser show; and a silent auction in the 3rd room(we could use donations of goods, services, or gift baskets so ask your bosses and friends for possible donations to be auctioned off). Anyone wanting to donate their services, time, or money would be greatly appriciated. The venue is the King Cat Theatere, 2130 6th Avenue; Seattle, WA 98121-2513, and their website is www.kingcattheater.com . So how about it, anyone willing to offer artwork for this? I will bring my 5Watt RGB, a pair of 3Watt Green DPSS, fog machines, Led lighting, and a 4000Lumen video projector... PM me to get involved....
    An update: slicklasers and I are working together for this benefit for Haiti. I am working with World Vision and a local classic rock station (KZOK). So far everything looks like it will happen. Looks like on my end I have 4 or 5 bands willing to do the benefit. I think slicklasers has more on his list. Should be very cool....

A challenge to other laserists to do similar for Haiti....

Default Haiti Earthquake Relief Benifit or H.E.R.B.

Everything is a go for this now... I just booked Urban Evergreen, a reggae funk band for a 45minute set also... And Jay Heck of Laser Fantasy has offered me a song module from the Laser Fantasy library along with offering to do the artwork for the sponsers. We are going to have a silent auction in the 3rd room and I have already gotten several great auction items and services. I'll keep everyone updated on this project, and thank you to everyone who has shown interest in helping.