Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Great!
    I'm going to give it a try. Now do I get the normal barrel or extended barrel?

The extended barrel just sticks out from the module further than the standard one. Some want them but most don't.

Payment sent. Thanks for the help everyone. From what I hear from others I will have this in plenty of time to install it in my projector for SELEM.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Payment sent. Thanks for the help everyone. From what I hear from others I will have this in plenty of time to install it in my projector for SELEM.

Chris
    Yeah DTR is lighting fast on shipping. Also just realized who I was talking with, had been on my phone previously. So hello look forward to seeing ya in Newton!

Are you ordering correction lens (from another source) also? not trying to sound like a jerk but it will look awful for graphics and even beam spill without them.

My quad build doing 3.5W it is TEC cooled. using the P73's
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	941686_559488124074617_1555618238_n.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	38945
    Last edited by polishedball; 06-26-2013 at 05:52.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Yeah DTR is lighting fast on shipping. Also just realized who I was talking with, had been on my phone previously. So hello look forward to seeing ya in Newton!
    Yea it's are probably in my mail box as we speak. Lol
    I don't think we've spoken on the phone before, but I believe we've chatted at SELEM before since I did the name tags for SELEM 4 & 5 and I'm doing them this year. I didn't make it to SELEM last year because I was relocating my plane from Ohio to Florida. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Are you ordering correction lens (from another source) also? not trying to sound like a jerk but it will look awful for graphics and even beam spill without them.

My quad build doing 3.5W it is TEC cooled. using the P73's
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	941686_559488124074617_1555618238_n.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	38945
    No I didn't have any correction optics planned. I thought I read that this diode had similar characteristics to the first generation 445nm diodes, which I'm using it without correction optics. I know I may need to pin hole it to cut down on the scatter. If I do need correction optics where would I find them?

Sweet build are you bringing it to SELEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Yea it's are probably in my mail box as we speak. Lol
    I don't think we've spoken on the phone before, but I believe we've chatted at SELEM before since I did the name tags for SELEM 4 & 5 and I'm doing them this year. I didn't make it to SELEM last year because I was relocating my plane from Ohio to Florida. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

No I didn't have any correction optics planned. I thought I read that this diode had similar characteristics to the first generation 445nm diodes, which I'm using it without correction optics. I know I may need to pin hole it to cut down on the scatter. If I do need correction optics where would I find them?

Sweet build are you bringing it to SELEM.
    By chatting I just meant banter in this thread yep remember ya from SELEM. Missed ya last year.

These p73's are much worse than an un-corrected 445. They get slightly better that un-corrected 445 with the extra lens but nowhere as good as corrected 445(if using standard mount and g2 lens). This is my experience, others may vary. Perhaps fire up a thread on the main forum, but pretty sure you'll get the same that they need it to be useful.

Also if you switch to centering mounts and a tiny 2mm FL lens you can get better results, but it is a nightmare to setup.

Worst case at least try to plan for the space(leave space) in your rig to add correction if you find it is needed. A lot will depend on what throw distance your using for how badly it falls apart or usability. Just wanted to be sure to give ya a heads up on the front end. See ya in a few weeks.

RE: correction DrLava may have them(state side) or else Dave has stock in them.

He got it with a G-2-LFL which has better divergence than a standard G-2 and does not have the power loss from clipping you get with the three element glass. I am waiting for some of the testers to post specific info but what I am hearing is awesome.
    Last edited by DTR; 06-28-2013 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    He got it with a G-2-LFL which has better divergence than a standard G-2 and does not have the power loss from clipping you get with the 2mm FL. I am waiting for some of the testers to post specific info but what I am hearing is awesome.
    Nice, i'll have to order a few for test. But match a uncorrected 445 with a single lens seems, well if that is the case and these can match perfect a corrected 445 if then corrected, i'll be thrilled and shocked.

I'll keep you all posted once I get it and install it in my projector.

Default A**R K75O

Moved to next page.
    Last edited by DTR; 06-28-2013 at 18:49.