Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Lightspace (Omar<-FL) and Melody Lee (Lightspace)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    wow that's almost an exact copy of a kvant
    +1

For : Lightspace
    In the past your projectors were equipped with KVANT laser module.
    For me it's a "pale copy" ; lens/brass mount/lasorb/wires
    I'm not "Mister KVANT" but in his place I would be very angry.
    it's just my feeling...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

For the members of the Micky Mouse Club, (and you know who you are...) as well as others, I just need to give another thumbs up for Omar and Lightspace. I recently had a situation where one of the 1 watt green modules in a Pluto II died on me and I was only getting red and blue. Omar was very quick to respond and immediately sent out another green head, driver and power supply, all wired and burn in tested - no questions asked and, once shipped, the DHL package probably took under 48 hours to be in my hands. Swapping them out was relatively painless but required a slow, systematic complete tear down I'm sending back the defective module today. Still very impressed with the build quality of these things once you've really delved under the hood. Rant all you want about Asians but, in my experience there are a number of American companies who could learn a whole hell of a lot from some of them about building a quality product, communication, customer service before and after a sale, delivery, ethics, attitude, etc. It's kind of a shame really.

Glad to hear Omar was so responsive to you, Brad. Makes me feel good to know she's willing to stand behind her stuff like that.

And yeah, I wish more US companies would follow that example.

Adam

I still love my 2 units and I recently got a job for them every Saturday permanently on a club so when they are paid down I consider getting 2 more.

But I wonder, Omar or somebody else. I think 1 of my lasers shine a tiny tiny bit different than the other (like it give out 110% green and not 100) so the White from each laser compared next to each other is not 100% the same. is there somewhere I can adjust this inside ?
    This is not a very big problem, you dont see it if you dont know it

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Just sharing a recent observation. I just purchased two new Pluto's a couple of weeks ago. One is outfitted like the originals and one is the direct diode variety. Both however, have the new touchscreen and both have the new wide angle scanners. The touchscreen in the original Pluto didn't work out of the box and I'm working with Omar to fix that. I may be the first person to have an issue with it. The diode Pluto 's touchscreen worked fine. It's an interesting novelty but, in all honesty, as a customer that owns several of these, if I had the choice, I'd opt for the original version without the touchscreen. I imagine the touchscreen all has to by bypassed in order to make it compliant in the US anyway. It scares me a little in that it's technology that can fail, as opposed to a physical invert switch or rotary pot for color gain.

The diode Pluto has a problem with the green which I can only assume is an internal alignment issue. Vertical lines are nice and sharp as they should be. Horizontal lines however are very, very wide. Perhaps 3 times as wide as the vertical lines. It made for very blurry, out of focus output. I also sent pics and an e-mail to Omar last night about this as well. I'm certain it will be resolved quickly as Lightspace has traditionally been excellent with customer satisfaction and follow up but, as a "review", I wanted to mention my two issues and also say that the overall "out of the box" impressions with this recent purchase have me at only about 80% on the excitement meter. I know I requested these in a hurry but, the normal excellent "fit and finish" of the build feels just a tiny bit off. I WILL say that when I displayed both against the wall in a side by side run through of test patterns, I'll state again that the crisp gorgeous output of the original Pluto is an outstanding value for the money. Yeah... I'll probably still get another one or two before it's all done. I want another matching all diode unit and maybe one more original before you can't get them with the CNI greens. Damn this addiction...

can the projector be ran with software like full auto thats single ended

i should work fine, maybe just a different size output, but i think fullauto puts out an 8 volt single ended , so you might get a slightly smaller size output.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

I have looked at Lightspace and Goldenstar in the past but one thing that has put me off is the possibility of getting hit with a huge import tax on delivery. (Something like 25 percent here in Portugal)
    Has anyone had a problem with this or is it not an issue when being DHL'd door to door?
    Having items delivered form the UK I don't seem to have a problem but i know people who have had things delivered from outside the EU who have had to pay the import tax before the item will be released from the postal services.

I have no knowledge about Portugal, but in the US, DHL seems committed to getting you your stuff ASAP. Importing a projector from Lightspace a couple years ago triggered some questions and a couple (odd) forms that I had to submit back to DHL, but it resulted in only a one day delay. Omar is great at submitting the proper paperwork and the combination of Lightspace's build quality and pricing would make the possibility of a 25% import tax a worthwhile gamble in my opinion.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

where can I find price lists for the lower powered Lightspace lasers? Their website doesn't seem to have any prices up...