Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Delivers USPS Mail in the UK?

Default Who Delivers USPS Mail in the UK?

Hi all

I have recently been sent a package by USPS Priority Mail International Parcels.

According to the USPS tracking website the parcel cleared customs on 29th October and delivery was attempted at 6:21am on 30th October.

I was in the house (well, still in bed actually) at that time on the 30th but heard no doorbell etc. I have perimeter and door monitoring security cameras around my property and there was no sign of anyone on the playback at that time. There was no attempted delivery notice put through the doorway either.

Nothing has turned up yet and I would like to try and find out where my parcel is.

Does anyone know who handles delivery for USPS for the UK part of the journey?

If it's Royal Mail they usually put something through the letterbox to say delivery has been attempted.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Cool

Hi Jeremy;

I've send a couple packages to the UK via USPS Global Priority Mail. It's my understanding that your Royal Mail (or whatever your local post office is called) handles the local delivery.

However, this is not always reliable. I once sent a DB-25 connector that I had pre-wired for a projector to Graham (LaserLips) and he never received it. 5 weeks later it was delivered back to my house, with the padded envelope badly torn. (Go figure...)

Maybe you can contact your local office and ask them if they have it?

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 11-02-2009 at 04:03.

Normally Parelforce Jem and the 6:21AM time will be the time it left USPS control and into PF's hands.
    It's a little misleading. I had this with my last parcel from the states, you know the one the sender was harping on at me saying I had it when I didn't; because of the way it was written, as yours is, on the website.

Contact your sender and find out the exact address they sent it too then ring you local ParcelForce sort office.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Thanks guys

I'll try contacting Parcelforce and report back

It's unlikely it's gone missing as it weighs in at a hefty 16kg... It's a nice Jodon VBA-200 variable beam splitter for my holography setup. I've been hunting for one of these that's in good condition for quite some time. This one is apparently like new, so I really hope it turns up safely.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Gosh... That was easy

I contacted Parcelforce and apparently the parcel is being held awaiting payment of the customs charges. They did say they had sent me a letter requesting payment, but that of course was held up by the UK Royal Mail postal strike . Anyway, i've just payed the charges by c/card and the parcel will be delivered tomorrow.

@Jim... As you rightly stated, the time of attempted delivery (shown on the USPS tracking site) has nothing at all to do with actual delivery of the parcel to the recipient. It is simply the time it was handed over to Parcelforce in the UK.

This is worth noting, as anyone looking at the USPS site would (as I did) assume that the actual parcel had been delivered

Another happy conclusion thanks to the folks on PL

Cheers

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    It's unlikely it's gone missing as it weighs in at a hefty 16kg...

Jem
    Parcel Farce lost my mates Canadian Kyak. Nearly 30Kg when packaged and 8 foot long. I wouldnt put anything past them.

Jem

Is that 16kg of laser kit ? what toys you been buying ?

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Hi Paul

See post number 4 in this thread

I've been after one of these for a verrrrrrrrrry long time (I think they stopped making them in the late eighties). The problem has been finding one in good condition. Hopefully this one fits the bill and should allow me to have much more control over beam ratios in my holography setup.

Cheers

Jem

That's really strange, UPS delivered me a Parcel in the UK.

Came in a big brown UPS van with gold crest. Maybe they use a mixture of methods depending on the deliveries scheduled for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    Parcel Farce lost my mates Canadian Kyak. Nearly 30Kg when packaged and 8 foot long. I wouldnt put anything past them.
    Parcel Force once lost an entire computer system of mine - base station, 19" non flat screen monitor (!) the lot, all in big manufacturer's boxing.

Unfortunately the driver did a very poor job of forging my signature, even spelt my name wrong despite it being printed above! Somehow I doubt he kept either the parcel or his job for Christmas. Never did find out what happened at that end.

Amazing he even thought he could get away with it. Did he really think I wouldn't chase a £1,000 item that went missing?