Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interlock breakout board with differential color inputs

Default Interlock breakout board with differential color inputs

Hi all,

I have made a breakoutboard for easy wiring the complete projector, including differential buffered color inputs, and a EN60825-1 complient interlock circuit.

You can connect the ILDA cable to this board and this board will buffer the color inputs, and route the other signal direct to the galvo's

(this picture is still missing some components)

The board got the folowing features:

• input for Galvo PSU routed to the galvo's

• Differential RGB output

• 5V driver switched off with a 16A relais

• power output to scanfail

• Feedback signal output to scanfail

• color interupt outputs to scanfail (optional potentiometer board to adjust the colors)

• Optocoupler buffered interlock inputs, ESD protected with transorbs

• EN60825-1 complient (will also switch off after mains failure) interlock to switch off the 5V to the drivers.
      • powers itself with the 5V

• ready and emmision led outputs

• Differential buffered RGB signals, so no problems when daisy chaining multiple projectors (especially with old laserwave drivers or flexmod)
      Option to switch off other mains power (with SS relais on optional AC breakout board) to for example galvo PSU when not set ready.

• 12V loop trough for Viasho drivers

I'm planning to do a groupbuy for this board if there is enough interest.

Estimated pricing:

30 euro for the bare PCB
    60 euro for a complete KIT
    90 euro for a assembled and tested board

Let me know if there is any interest.
    Last edited by mccarrot; 04-30-2010 at 07:20.

You can sign me up for a kit

Ferry

I will traduce it to french and post it in laserfreak forum (french section).

I think you may supply two db25 and the ribbon cable

I'll take a full kit.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Sign me up for one built and tested. Please do not solder the emissions indicator LED as I think I will mount that LED in the case so it can be viewed from outside of the box. Besides, I have a whole package of beautiful blue LED's just sitting around doing nothing
    Last edited by LEDpaint; 04-30-2010 at 05:54. Reason: special request

Quote Originally Posted by LEDpaint View Post
    Sign me up for one built and tested. Please do not solder the emissions indicator LED as I think I will mount that LED in the case so it can be viewed from outside of the box. Besides, I have a whole package of beautiful blue LED's just sitting around doing nothing
    This is my prototype, the "official" version will have headers, so you can connect your own leds in your casing so they are visible from the outside.

I will also add the flatcable, optional I can supply a ILDA loop trough PCB made by srs:

I have 40 meters of flatcable and i dont use it so i can supply it if needed.

great to see the board is almost finished!

For people who joined the groupbuy from the cases this is perfect to build your projector safe and profesional. Also wiring is a piece of cake with this board. I want to thank DZ for taking the first step to make it easier to wire a projector and personally i think this is the perfect follow up. I,m very satisfied with this board because of the added safetyfeatures and the possibility to connect a scansafety.
    If your building a projector you soon realize when you start wiring the components its quit time consuming to do it neat and tidy. All profesional companies use such a board instead of soldering everything together so its finally going to happen.

Here is a wiring diagram of the board, I hope its clear.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interlock manual.jpg  

Seems very nice! Great engineering. You can count me for one kit.

Just a question about the 5V supply from/to the laser : are you sure the connectors and PCB tracks can handle tens or amp for a big laser, without a too big voltage drop?

The longest track from terminal to relays 20mm with a track wide of aprox 3mm.

If you are planning to run really high current trough it I recommend you solder a extra wire from terminal to relays pin.