Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 445 experiments

Ok Chaps
    I have taken some measurements by hacking into one leg of one bank and inserting a R47 resistor.
    Running the unit & measuring the difference in voltage on a scope across either side of the resistor the results are as follows

Eco mode 2 (hi power save) I get 50% duty and 400mV which I make to be 850mA
    Eco mode 1 (medium power save) I get 50% duty and 680mV which I make to be a whopping 1.4A!!
    Eco off mode gives the same current but ups the duty to 66%

I ran this test last night and again this morn to be clear I was getting readings that agreed.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Has anyone taken any measurements of the OEM lens? Size, FL etc.?

Any lens efficiency testing done?

Best Regards,
    brtaman

Presumed an uncoated aspheric.
    6.3mm dia.
    FL unknown.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Dan

If you can get a lens to me I have Focimeters in abundance here and can measure the exact focal length

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Presumed an uncoated aspheric.
    6.3mm dia.
    FL unknown.
    Ah, ok. Thanks for the info daniel.

BTW: Hope the exam went great!

It was pointed out to me last evening that a 50% duty is unlikely because the lasers are required to make both blue and green in the actual projector. If it were off half of the time I would think that one would be getting much too much red. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    It was pointed out to me last evening that a 50% duty is unlikely because the lasers are required to make both blue and green in the actual projector. If it were off half of the time I would think that one would be getting much too much red. Any thoughts?
    actually, now you say that, isn't the cycle related to the spinning of the disc that makes the green? I guess if you only want to make blue output, the lasers only have to switch on when the window comes round.
    has anyone tried projecting blocks of colour and changing colour output on the projector, and seeing if the duty cycle changes?
    I seem to remember reading the disc has a 200 or 250hz rate....

what I was more or less curious about in reference to duty cycle is...

I noticed there are 4 banks of 6 diodes (i may be wrong, just guessing). Do they cycle the 4 banks at their 50% or 66% mode so that the average power at any point in time hitting the disc is constant? I would assume they sequence the 4 banks as in 1234 - 1234 - 1234 but actually it is probably 1324 - 1324 - 1324 i dont know just guessing.

I assume they could go to full power on all banks when the clear part of the disc comes into play...but I would think for the green to be a constant power the blues would have to be a constant average power, or is the green average power dictated by the decay...

It is an amazing piece of engineering which is IMHO fairly ingenious...oh well...it s very cool.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    It was pointed out to me last evening that a 50% duty is unlikely Any thoughts?
    Yes clearly me and my scope havent got a fokking clue what we are on about

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Yes clearly me and my scope havent got a fokking clue what we are on about

Rob
    Wonderful thing about o-scopes...they don't lie.