Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Color Correction/Delay Boards are available!

Default Color Correction/Delay Boards are available!

Hello folks, ok, the color boards are available! First off, I'd like to give a big thanks to Bill at Pangolin for his contribution in making this happen. I wanted to come up with a hybrid version of the simple Sallen Key circuit he has on his website, jazzed up with some other features and I really appreciate his input and guidance in making this a well rounded circuit. It still blows me away at how much time he dedicates to us hobbiest. Thanks Bill!

I'd also like to thank Buffo for spending a weekend with me installing one of these color boards in his projector, plus the time he's spending on writing the tutorial on how to tune them!

So there you have it, the boards are available. I ask that you read through Buffo's mini-review of the board http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...63&postcount=1.

Basically, the board has a differential to single ended input stage. You can feed it either a differential or single ended signal and the output stays the same. There are two diodes in the circuit which keep the output within -.3 to +5.1V. The total current draw on the test board I have here is around 50mA per supply side. The board can be run from you scanner amp power supply IF the output doesn't exceed 25VDC per side (ie. +25VDC to -25VDC). It would seem that most scanner supplies are +24VDC to -24VDC, check before you connect!

Regarding availability, I have limited stock built and tested at this point, if you place your order and I'm sold out, there could be a delay. I'll email you when your order is received to let you know, or feel free to send me a PM to check the status of stock.

Due to the difficulties in tuning this board, I'm offering a 15 day money back guarantee. See the website for details.

www.dzelaser.com/color_correction_circuit.htm

For a quick idea of what it does (this is also posted on my website) Here's a before and after pic of a test pattern.
    Before:

After:

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Last edited by DZ; 02-05-2009 at 15:33.

Sweet!

PayPal enroute!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Lightbulb

WOW! That looks SO much smaller than the board I just picked up from the Pango office.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

LOL! Yeah, slight difference between the prototype and the final product. Glad to hear you got it!

More good stuff...

Payment sent.

Thanks David,

Greg

Payment sent, looking forward to playing with more of your great contributions to PL!!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it, I hope you guy find the board to be of great benefit for you projectors.

Just a quick update, I'm down to 2 boards with the top turn pots and 2 boards with the side turn pots. Once these are gone, it's going to be a little bit before I can get more stock built.

Question

Hey, how fo I use this beast?

LOL! Ok;
    Step 1. Call Buffo
    Step 2. Repeat Step 1 until in tune

I can give you a ring in a little bit, just finishing up some packaging.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    LOL! Ok;
    Step 1. Call Buffo
    Step 2. Repeat Step 1 until in tune

I can give you a ring in a little bit, just finishing up some packaging.
    He goes to bed too early...

I am mainly concerned with where the color board goes in relation to the break out board. And if the DT40's power supply is good enough for the scanners and color board? I am not sure if I am down to try to tune em tonight.