-
635 nm Pot Tweak
I have heard mention that the Abeland 635nm red performs well to a pot tweak so in a mad moment I decided to open one up and give it a try.
http://www.rav89.dial.pipex.com/lasers/635-1.jpg
A sharp pull and twist with pliers and the module sliped out easy, reveling a nice little drive board and the laser diode.
The beam from the standard pointer is impressive enough.
http://www.rav89.dial.pipex.com/lasers/635-2.jpg
The standard current draw was 32 ma, this was teaked (pot goes counter clockwise) all the way up to 50 ma.
http://www.rav89.dial.pipex.com/lasers/635-3.jpg
With the pointer re assembled the beam was really nice. As soon as I can I will measure the power output.
Nice pointer :D
Gold
-
Looks like you have had some good luck with that one...
The one I got from him , it was only doing 1.5 mW when I got it.. :(
So I got it out a few weeks ago to crank it up and found it was dead... :x
...out of warranty (bought over a year ago) and never touched the inside..
In fact it was only turned on a few times and placed with the rest of my pointers
in my drawer.
I had got it out to crank it up but..oh well
Time to buy another one...
Measure it when your meter comes in ...which will prolly read a little low since it was scaled using 655nm...
-
Hi Gold
Just got in another one to try...
I hadnt opened it yet...
So far its putting out 2.25mw , lil bit better than the first
If it blows...I think I'll throw in a 100mw 658 diode :D
*^_^*
-
Hey Marconi
How did the little red turn out ?
Gold
-
Hi Gold,
Ive been a bit busy lately..
I hadnt pulled it apart yet...
I plan to mod it to put out at least 5mW...for use as a 5mw standard.
I also want to see how hard it would be to change out the diode as I would like to use one of my high power diodes inside..just to see if it could be done..
of course the driver may not put out very much current but shoul be a vast improvement ...
*^_^*