Anyone got any experience with BSP tree compilers?
Bit of a long shot this, but for something laser related I am working on I need some code to compile BSP trees from polygon lists.
I found some stuff on the ID software site used in their map editors, but that is kind of complicated and I would like something written to be easier to follow.
Because the models will usually not be that big, I probably don't need strictly optimal performance and a relatively low time complexity in the compile would be good (The tree is being used more for back face culling and bounding box tests then anything else).
I also have a simple 2D tree used in projection space to do the final hidden line removal, but that is less of a problem then the model space tree as it is typically far smaller (And what I have works well enough).
C++ would be good, but really I can convert from anything.
Anyone know of something floating around the net?
Regards, Dan.