-
3D Tesla Coil
Was watching a few of the BEYOND 3D tutorials on YouTube, and decided to try it out myself. Decided to create a little tesla coil, and thought I'd share it just in case anyone .. needed a tesla coil for some reason :D
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/203420/DSCF4955.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/203420/Beyo...0coil.beyond3d
Dan
-
That is so awesome! I love it! Thanks for sharing :)
-
Yeah, I like it too. Nice and simple, plays well with my scanners :)
Been messing around with cameras and curve paths, great stuff.
Dan
-
3 Attachment(s)
Hi Daniel,
Looks good, but I hope you won't mind me critiquing your creation (and it will also provide some good informaiton for others as well).
The top is made of a torrus (donut like shape). That simple shape is actually pretty tricky to represent on a laser. At various angles, you might see some extra lines here and there. And in the case of your image above, there are breaks in some of the lines too.
For this object, and for mesh objects imported from outside of B3D, I would recommend you use the "Depth" folds method. You will find that option in "Line types".
See the pictures below. By the way, you can turn any viewport into Laser Preview by right-clicking and turning that view port into the camera, and then selecting "Laser over black" as the shading method. These are some of the more advanced things I didn't have a chance to mention in the Basic Tutorials...
Attachment 32499
Attachment 32500
Attachment 32501
Bill
-
One more thing Daniel.
The picture above looks a bit "gooey" to me. I'm not sure if you're scanning faster than your scanners can really handle or what. But you can improve the look in B3D. For example, on your bottom cylinders, select one of them and go into Laser Point Placement settings. Increase the number of corner points at various angles, and you'll see them sharpen right up.
Bill
-
Thanks for the tips Bill, will give them a shot :)
PS: Is there a way to sort of temporarily detach a camera from a motion path? For example, if you have the camera constrained on a curve, and have it targetted on an object, you can't move the camera manually to edit the object. Unless I just create a 2nd camera and delete it afterwards?
Dan
-
Hi Dan,
Keep in mind that you can, in fact, have many cameras. Also, it's more typical for people to use "ortho ball" type views rather than camera views while actually modeling and such. Explore the capabilities of the viewports. Any viewport can show front, top, side, rear, ortho, camera, etc. view.
Bill
-
Oh that's cool, awesome :)
Dan