After hitting my PS limits with TEC cooling, I decided to give this a go with no TEC, with the TEC I was able to get near 3.4W at 8C.
My goal here was to find stability at ambient temperature for continuous duty as this will end up on a beam rail, and perhaps another scanner ;) hey the rail has holes in each end. lol
For my needs I feel I won;t need to TEC cool this as one I don;t like the weight of the linear supply for the TEC and another damn it heats the baseplate.
I found that setting the current for an output after correction lens of 2.65W, that as the diode warmed over the first 5 minutes power dropped to 2.52W it then stayed stable at this power for over 2 hours. Could I push it harder, you bet it still makes more power when giving more current, but i'll be happy st 2.5W corrected it is a nice beam. This is more power than my dual m-140 after all optics. Hmm maybe time to swap it out, nah i'll just add scanner to this next build.
http://www.home.comcast.net/~polishedball/9mm445.JPG

