Advice picking lasershow software for realtime programmatic control?
Hello!
I'm working on a project which involves projecting laser animations onto an object being moved around by a performer. I'll have motion capture markers on the object, and some code which figures out the orientation of the object based on this. But, I'm not sure of the best way to author/control the animations.
Right now, I'm thinking of two approaches:
1) Use the openlase library and hardcode the animations right along with the calculations for deforming them to be projected onto the object. This seems complex.
2) Write a program that does the calculations for deforming the projections, and send commands via OSC or something to a more traditional laser show control software that makes it easier to author the art/animations. Based on my research, LSX seems pretty cool, but I'm not sure what it's external control capabilities are.
My budget's around $1000, so I'm willing to pay out for a more robust solution...would rather invest my time making cool animations here rather than hacking something together on the cheap.
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!