80W 532nm YAG up and running! :) [Very image heavy]
Evening all,
After several weeks of fiddling I've managed to get an 80W 532nm YAG back up and running. :)
Disclaimer:
Before any asks, suitable Glendale moulded OD8 goggles were on at all times, even if a single screw was removed from the thing [that's another story :cool:] + as well as all the usual water + leccy precautions. I know how to safely work on these.
This is not a repeat of a famous disc jockey named...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgvR3y5JCXg
I couldn't possibly say what laser this is, I'll let the photos do the talking. *retardo
And PLEASE, for the sake of Google, can no one else.
A completely different beast than our old "friend". Very, very small; smaller than a famous constellation. And weighs just 105kg. If you removed the voltage torroidal transformer, you could half that.
Same Q-Switch driver, however there is what looks like a spatial filter included in the cavity. :)
Their service plug made me laugh (photo further down) wasn't connected to anything at all!
I've had a best guess at mapping the internals, sketch at the end.
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3729.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3732.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3734.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3737.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3740.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3744.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3745.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3746.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3747.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3750.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3752.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3754.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3757.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3888.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3889.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3890.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3891.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3892.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3894.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3896.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3897.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3899.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3902.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3903.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3905.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3939.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3944.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Photos_sm/IMG_3887.jpg
http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/Phot...7-BeamPath.jpg
If anyone has made it this far...
One more thing, it is for sale :cool: - tested, working. Would make a great conversion project.
Serious offers via PM please. :)
Cheers,
Dan