DT-40 Pro's .. potentiometer
Hi guys,:)
My nice new DT-40 Pro has arrived from Jian as has my really nice 1700mw green (doing 1900+) even has its own fan ...from Aijii..:cool:
This thing is like a searchlight and I havnt even turned it up yet. Looking forward to getting the PT40 running when my Pangolin system gets out of the grips of our Customs.
My question is with the PT40 it came with two leads attached to a potentiometer. The two plugs fitted seem to fit the input connector (X&Y) but I assume the input connectors go to the Pangolin board ILDA.
What does this pot do ?? I have asked Jian and he has promptly replied to my emails but I don't think he understands what I am asking.
Is it for testing ? do I use it when I am connected to the ILDA or not ??
The manual is so basic it doesn't even mention the "pot on a lead".
I saw the thread by Banthai really good info on there on the PT40 but still nothing about the pot even though Banthai asked...... a mystery !!!.
By the way is it safe to power up the galvo without the ILDA connected ?
If so what will happen if anything ?? (is this what the pot does ?)
Thanks
Ray:confused::confused:
NZ