Beam divergence is too low
Hi! I'm building a rgb projector, with 150mw@532nm, 450mw@660nm (maxyz's of course!) and 200mw@473nm.
Now I have a serious problem: this saturday I will use this laser (even if it's not 100% complete) in a big party, with more than a thousand people... But it's really too powerful! Thanks to the great quality of maxyz's modules and the good green laser, the beam diameter is too low... it melt black plastic from meters of distance! It has burned even the CCD of my kodak camera...
I have to do something to make the beam more divergent. Any advice about how i can do it? What do you use on your laser to make it safe for the audience?
I was thinking about a divergent lens, but what focal length it need to have? Probably > 1 meter, otherwise the beam will become too divergent...
beam divergence not so high
get two AR coated 1" diameter 50 mm focal length PCV lenses, and vary their spacing, that will get you close to a 1:1 collimator, you might wish to get a 25mm or 30 mm as well
shop here
www.surplusshed.com
use the lens finder to get what you want.
1:1 focal length = unity to a little less/grater then unit depending on the
spacing
1:1/2 should get you about 2:1 up/downcollimation.
Steve