-
Meet "Big Red"
Well, after months of work, several prototypes and a near divorce experience :D I have finally half finished "Big Red". Now he's looking presentable I have persuaded him to model for a couple of pics.
He is currently sporting 8 Opnext HL6545MG diodes running at 230mA per diode and at 5.04v produces 1300mW with a 3mm beam and under 1.6mrad divergence, and he loves Robin Bowden's Die4Drive drivers (thanks for all your help Robin :) )
He is only half finished. Opposite his current array he'll be getting another 8 diodes and will end up pushing almost double that out of the business end. More pictures to follow as he evolves.
Beam spot pic @ 27m:
http://www.hilogic.co.uk/las/br06.jpg
Inside:
http://www.hilogic.co.uk/las/br01.jpg
http://www.hilogic.co.uk/las/br03.jpg
http://www.hilogic.co.uk/las/br02.jpg
http://www.hilogic.co.uk/las/br08.jpg
-
Holy fuck! That shouldn't be legal! I want one.... :0
-
Hell Simon!!, that is NICE :D
The beam quality looks good too, almost gaussian. Can't wait to see the 2.6Watt version ;)
Are you taking orders yet?
Cheers
Jem
-
-
Woweee! I'm only 7 diodes, 8 lenses and 7 die4drive pcbs behind you then :D
-
You are fucking crazy!
http://www.technfun.com/smilies/icon_worship.gif
Kinda blows "small footprint" out that window though huh? ;) Very Nice! You just wait tillmarconi gets off his couch... :eek: >:)
-
oh
I take one of that into my 3W rgb scanner :D
That was a sweet setup !!
very very nice..
You do the same with blue ? :D
price ?
-
Hmmm... I'm confused. How are you getting a 3 mm beam diameter at the outlet of that thing when you're combining 8 beams together. Are you aligning them in a circular arrangement with those mm1's? (A picture of the spot as it exits the projector would be helpful...) How much overlap (and thus loss) is there?
Also, what is the beam diameter coming out of each individual diode? And do you have correcting optics somewhere in the beam path downstream of the mirrors?
I've seen several takes on this idea, but I've never heard of anything with such a small beam diameter. It's one hell of an accomplishment though.
Details -details!
Adam
-
I must say Adam said it best, I would really like to know how it was done all within 3mm. Please share more.
-
Top Banana Simon.
Cant wait to see this in action on Feb 3rd - and to have a peek inside....
I will second a previous comment - Blue! Blue! Blue!
Lets hope blue di diodes come into the realms of reality soon (ie <$$$$$)
Rob