High Speed colliamtor for shows
Hi Guys,
For a while you saw us doing some cool collimation tricks with laser at events and I had a lot of PMs asking for details.
Our way is quite slow using dmx controlled motion control of focusing optics but today I was thinking of maybe another way that will simplyfy it a bit using peizo devices with a mounted scanner mirror. This idea wont be so perfect as our dmx version but it might be useful.
what we are considering is bouncing the beam off this peizo before it reaches the scanners then applying some high frequency to the peizo and drive this by a dmx signal or even the Z ILDA channel. this will not modify the colliamtion but it will mess up the beam enough to have similar effects and also could maybe give something new to graphics.
Now I have no idea how to go about this and have even less time to try it but will do soon.
any thoughts about it?
Andy