Its a fine little genny but I dont wanna kil it :)
now if he wants to bring a nice 3 ph 10kW one next time that may be ok - we just need to get the water for it then :D
Rob
Printable View
Its a fine little genny but I dont wanna kil it :)
now if he wants to bring a nice 3 ph 10kW one next time that may be ok - we just need to get the water for it then :D
Rob
I'm in and will be there for the whole 2.5 days. I can be there earlier if you need any help with setting up the hall on Friday Jim.
Carl
OK, despite the fact i don't know if i can have the days off i just booked myself 4 nights in the ship inn! The people were so nice to me, and sleeping in the hall was ok, but since my financial situation has improved i chose to be there all 4 nights.
So will arrive thursday again and leave on monday.... really worked out fine last time.
The tuesday at work i was complete broken, but broken with a smile on my face from ear to ear ;-)
I will consult my manager and tell him about my plans tuesday, if i get an OK, i will book the Norfolk line again. Don't want to miss this, the experience was lovely last time.
Hopefully my greens are fully working then.... so i can bring 3 lazorbeamzzzzzz ;-)
Will this mean there will be no mid november/december meet ?
Kind regards,
Dimitri
Hmmm... Think I'll be there, if you'll have me?
You can blow the rest of my mind!
Got to secure a few things before definitely commiting but that ain't because I don't wanna!
Better be quick to book I suppose because the Inn sounds tempting. Can the ones who stayed there before comment on whether the village hall can be heard from there?!!!
M
:)
Going to try and make it this time, hope there are LOTS of big chunky amps available, I can just about run on 32A of three phase but the neutral gets a bit warm (harmonic currents from crude chopper power supplies).
All three of my lasers are actually single phase machines, and I have the distro to split down from a 32/3 or 63/3.
What is the score on running total loss cooling? My vag burner can run aircooled, but the I70 (providing I get this &^%$£$%^! power supply finished) and the 909 really need either much more radiator then I have or to run total loss at a total of about 2.5 - 3 GPM.
If it all comes together the inventory from me would be 40W Q switched green (A very much outdoors sort of laser), 1.5 watt multiline mixed gas and 4W or so multiline Argon (Probably also for outdoors given the size of the hall).
If someone could check where the local hydrant is (and what coupling it uses), I can probably find a stand pipe and key, and may be able to find some ex military portable fire pumps, hose and monitor nozzles (Can you say water screen!).
Lets try and break north of 100W total laser power!
Regards, Dan.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh dear... Jim's gonna have a heart attack when he reads this ;)
Never mind though, at least it will give the local police something to *really* whinge about :rolleyes:
Jem
I think we may have power issues Dan suppling all that lot to be honest.
I ran my Lex88 for around 10hours in total at the last Surfleet bash and got commented on as to the amount of electricity we all/I consumed when I took the keys back so I think 32A+ of 3Phase draw may not go down too well :p
It would certainly be nice to see them there and maybe run them 'one at a time' for short periods.