What I like is you don't seem to need careful temp control anymore. THAT by itself is a bonus. Still need it on the SHG side however. I am pretty sure 1064 remains. I was thinking of the SHG stage.
Printable View
... could it be so easy, as replacing the 808nm diodes with 888nm ones (if they'll be available)?
I have a CW-fiberlaser (pumped with 975nm), where I've removed the broken electronics and drivers and replaced it with my own constant current drivers with simply ON/OFF and pulsing with 5µs-pulses or longer, up to CW ... the output beam was the same quality and power of 130Watts max. :cool:
So, if find a broken fiberlaser, pumped with 808nm diodes, this 888nm-replacing could be worth a try?
Have two old flash-lamp pumped Nd:YAG's -- AFAIK they are not so efficient at pure 808nm pumping (differently doted rod) -- but could it be worth to play with them?
Viktor
Yes when you pump at 888nm you still get the same lasing lines in Nd:whatever
Watch out the absorption length can get reallly long when operating away from 808nm. The dpss laserscopes run a few nm off the 808nm peak and need a nd:yag crystal about 10cm long! They must have really liked their lamp pumped cavity design...
There was a decent supply of 120w fiber coupled nlight element e18 888nm diodes that were floating around the bay area recycling circles. I have been using mine for laser power beaming experiments, I was able to get better than 30% efficiency optical->electrical using commercal sunpower e20 cells *retardo