-
I was gunna try this experiment with my newly made 65mw violet but you beat me to it...kudos.
as seen here
http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/c.../sld3233vf.pdf
is what I plan to use...
Which BTW is capable of over 120mW pulse, but I hadnt pushed it much beyond 80 yet..too expensive.
Dont forget..much of the losses can be eliminated by watching the polarity going into the cube or dichros..also the attack angle as well can overcome most of the losses.
I am right now using the larger PS3 cube and some of the optics from a BWU-100 drive.
First I gotta get some customers happy :)
-
Juicy. How much for the diode? And, is that bigger cube a PBS, or just some kind of dichro?
-
The diode is out of a Sony 2x burner
Yes the cube is PBS and multicoated for red, violet and IR but will pass green from a quick test.
I did do a quick test at red and found they did work for making a dual but I didnt like the losses and they are really too small for the quality I was looking for, but they will get ya by in a pinch.
I still need to do more testing at the other wavelengths but figured Id throw it out there what Ive found so far.
-
Is it a 5.6 mm windowed can, with three leads and just the one die in the can? I hoped to get that info from the data sheet but there's no diagram or pinout in there at all.
-
I dont want to highjack Kaz's thread since he did a good job of getting my attention. So I hope he will excuse me to elaborate some more.
yes, itsa single diode in a 5.6mm can, probably more like 5.65 like the other
violent diodes. A very tight fit into the mount.
At 100ma it'l put out a steady 75mW. but I'm being careful with this one.
I'm on a laptop tonite but I'll try and find the spec sheet I had.
also, another nice thing is, the diode is isolated from ground on both ends.
So far, I like it a lot.
Too bad I ruined the first one, Too many folks were over my shoulder and I kept getting phone calls and answering the door, was a busy nite, not good for lasers but I was in a hurry. or, it was just bad,dunno. Maybe it was the force of trying to mount it (wider can).
Oh, Too bad I'm lasy tonite to mount the camera but I just looked at the die under a microscope..
The die looks transparent..wow. Like a Saphire color.
-
Nice catch there Marconi on that diode,keep the info coming its on topic with whats going on here in the thread.I know what you mean about diode can sizes, i gave up trying to force diodes into there fixtures a while back, two reasons for this, as strong as these little cans are it can not do them any good force fitting them into any thing not just that if you force it in you might not be happy with the way it has gone in so you then have to try and force it out again, i have damaged a couple trying to get them out.i am lucky enough to have a small lathe so i can make it a nice ( just fits without any pressure)fit but even then i dont trust the thermal issues, so i put a tiny amount of arctic silver alumina thermal adhesive around the edge of the can and a tiny bit around the head of the can, this stuff is excellent at removing unwanted latent heat and it goes of solid
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5...e013ry8.th.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7...e015fc0.th.jpg
as i build my own custom modules for myself and friends i have refined over the months the best way to get ridd of unwanted heat from around the diode,air cooling and forced air cooling, not as good as a Tec but ok for room temp based diodes,the other thing as well is try to avoid skin contact with 405nm radiation espeacialy the sort of power that your getting from that nice diode you have there it will destroy skin cells in a instant it probably puts out as much uv as a arc welder but in a small beam if you know what i mean, keep that info coming Marconi :)