If possible, measure the laser output from the laser and the laser output from the galvos. You'd obviously have to block 2 of the beams so that you only measure one color at a time.
Printable View
If possible, measure the laser output from the laser and the laser output from the galvos. You'd obviously have to block 2 of the beams so that you only measure one color at a time.
Yeah, I'd prefer to see the output from the galvo's, since everyone will have different losses through dichro's and the scan head, a measurement from the laser itself will be nearly meaningless. However, hopefully someone will get it for grins.
I'm game for such an experiment. Hell, I'm even game for rematch # 2 with my Maxyz modules against DZ's 635 nm red. Though I'm confident that I'll loose my ass again. (Damn physics...):D
Still, it's something we should do. We could post pics in the gallery with the power readings and stuff. I like the idea.
And Marc - re "buffster"... I can live with that!:D
Adam
i told my customer it was going to be a MINIMUM of about 6 weeks. possibly upwards of 8 weeks. that gets me pretty close to FLEM. (weekend of march 1 right?) i would be willing, if i can, to bring this down and have some "experiments" done with it.
i cant promise anything right now. but i REALLY wanna get to this meet. with or without this laser. but with this RGB and/or my Yag would be great!
-Marc
Rematch #2?!?!? More like number 3! Bring it on!>:)Quote:
rematch # 2
This will be the third time we compare the brightness levels of the reds, so that makes it rematch number 2. :D
And yeah, I already know I'm going to loose. But I'm a glutton for punishment, so I will "bring it"! :D
Adam
I'm gonna throw a new ringer into the mix.
Better rename that horse in the picture Jesus II, as hes about to get resurected by this question:
(appologies to God the Father)
Perfect White at what color temperature ? 2500K ? 6200 K ?
I used to have a color temperature meter, I'll see if I can borrow one for Selem
Steve Roberts
Nice Steve!!! I would say that a good White Light has a really high color temp in 6000+ K range, I have some metal halides for my saltwater fish tank that are at 10,000k which is a BEAUTIFUL crisp white color.
I would say that in the case of lasers a higher color temp would be better. I want a crisp color not something that looks like an incandescent lamp is making it :D
OF course the higher the color temp the more blue photons you will be spending, since that would usually be the limiting factor in the color temp battle. Maybe a price to Kelvin ratio would be appropriate? We could find the point on the graph where it is most economical to produce a given Kelvin rating.
-Max