Don't get me wrong - the FB3 is a seriously good piece of hardware - Does what it's supposed to do, and very well. There's just a few things that could be improved. One is access to chanels. The other is 16bit XY positioning, but there's other solutions to that.
DMX chanels in some installations/nightclubs are quite scarce, after 150 RGB led fixtures(450ch)+ some movers, strobes, foggers, dimmers and everything else that gets tacked on, anything that doesn't use chanels efficiently can be quite unpopular.Quote:
As long as you stack the channels at least 14 apart (and I would recommend 16), there will be no problem
This is (I think) the primary market for the flashback product driven from DMX.
Why yes I have tried another DMX controlled laser board. I think it best described as a novelty.Quote:
Have you ever tried with any other DMX-controlled boards?
Truly scary performance (on par with a teddybear stuffed with used hospital bandages). When fast DMX (44 fps) is fed in the output hangs on a single point. When slower DMX is fed in the XY output shudders and jitters, with many *hot* spots in the image. When the DMX is unplugged the output runs smooth as.
And to think that this board is/was supplied with some cheapo Ebay lasers....
Bill, I'll get in contact to talk further.
B.

