Originally Posted by
JasonB
Thanks for letting me 'hijack' your awesome thread just for a little bit, CMB.
My LSX issue is I can't get my (USB soundcard) DAC recognized in the settings so I can't drag it into a timeline. There is even a checkbox for EZAudDac. The DAC works fine on an old win XP computer with other laser show software but I installed LSX on a new laptop running Win7. I disabled driver signing when installing the sound card drivers and the USB soundcard icon appears in the tray so I'm at a loss. The next step is to try and get other laser show software running my DAC on the Win7 computer, working on that now.
What worries me is I asked Dr. Lava (Only as a last effort, I don't like to bother him with DAC install problems) and he stated "In the past I haven't had good luck with sound card DACs and win 7. for now, I suggest people use Riya Lite units ($150) or OLSD DACs, both of which LSX supports. regards, andrew". So I'm a bit disappointed because LSX is advertised to work with EZAudDac...
If anyone has ideas, please let me know. I renamed the .dlo drivers to .DLL in the directories below because the install instructions stated "In the install folder, rename your driver .dlo to .dll" so I hope I used the correct directories.
C:\Program Files (x86)\ILD SOS 1.4\drivers
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Laser Show Xpress
All that LSX power just waiting to be unleased LOL
Thanks for reading, -Jason