I'm in Chris' camp in regards to 'you get what you pay for'. A used Mavic Pro (1) goes for just over US$600 these days. I find myself more impressed with a high quality quad as more of a tool than a toy. I prefer pre-configured waypoint flights to real-time flying as I can get more cinematic-like footage by thinking through what I want the camera to point at with camera / location shifts being done subtlety by the drone itself. Here are some recent examples of those types of flight:
This one is a local water treatment plant. I just parked nearby and told it to go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy3F...ature=youtu.be
This one is my solar provider relocating some of my panels: (I'm the anxious fellow in the back corner of the yard albeit I'd be much more anxious if I were on the roof.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wmBqqmGgLc&feature=youtu.be
And this one made the news on all the local TV channels here as we have been involved at trying to prevent a Seven-Eleven gas station from being built 150 feet away from my daughters elementary school:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dnguxvfab8
-David

