:D
Not sure anyone but us Brits will get that though :rolleyes:
Jem
Printable View
But the world doesn't have to be "Americacentric".
I propose we beat that lot across the Pond and rebrand our UKLEM's "The World Series Laser Enthusiasts Meets" - WOSLEM !!
:D
WOSLEM ?
Cool - I'm in!! :cool:
Sorry Lads.
Same rules as your World Series Baseball thingumybob.
This is a not a definitive list and home players may add to it to define what makes us quintessentially British.
- Only home teams can enter.
- You have to partake of Tea and Crumpets at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
- You must be able to talk about the weather for hours on end.
- You must display an intricate knowledge of the difference between wit, sarcasm and taking the piss.
Oh, oh! I know, I know! I've got something to add to the list of characteristics that make you "quintessentially British".... (And I am *so* going to hell for this next comment...)>:)
Er... On second thought - no. I'm not going there. :o Bad taste and all..
Ah, screw it. >:) We're all adults here, right? ;) We can take a bit of ribbing... (And besides, how likely would it be for someone from the UK to travel all the way to the US just to beat my ass because I offended them? :eek: Yeah, not very likely...:rolleyes: OK - go for it!) >:)
Ok - then # 5 on the list of qualifications required to participate in the UK world series of lasers would be:
Loosing the revolutionary war to the bloody Yanks... :p
Ok - start throwing your tomatoes now. :o I *told* you it was in bad taste. But come on, the setup was soooooo good.>:)
No? Not so good? Ahh hell. Every time I think I might have maybe crossed the line, I soon discover that I actually crossed it long ago, and the cheers of the crowd are actually chanting "off with his head!" Dang...:(
Adam
The stuff from Skeeta.com is half that price though... for the same material.
Adam
I have another prerequisite for the list:
You have to know what "smoking a fag" really means!!
Sure caught me off guard the first time I heard it in that part of the world!! :eek:
Like we say here in Tennessee, "Y'all talk kinda' funny!!"