Originally Posted by
mixedgas
OK, I and my partner had a talk with our source in China. A pair of amps from us, tuned to our pair of 506 scanners and modified would retail for 110$ + Shipping.
I have to commit a considerable amount of my own cash to do this, so please let me know if your interested. This will not be a group buy, this is retail.
The same amps optimized for the Ebay 6810s or stock 6800HP would be 116.50 for the pair, which is the cost difference of the horribly expensive mating connectors, plus our taking a bit of a loss in the margins..
The initial batch would be in stock delivery from the US, once modified. I am not ordering them piece by piece, but in a batch, and the mods would be done here.
My 506s and the TII have returned from Florida, so hopefully the review can re-commence soon.
Steve