Am in! :)
To norway that is..
Guess the price as jimbo
Printable View
Am in! :)
To norway that is..
Guess the price as jimbo
Ill make sure aij pulls his finger out on this one ;)
Hey Guys I know you have put in some legwork here and I dont wanna piss on your bonfire but I always use multi coated photographic skylight filters. You can buy them second hand for little money or new for around £10 from Jessops or the like (UK equivalent to Wolf/Ritz Camera in US) and they have a nice metal housing with a lovely thread already on there. Must admit ive never tested actual transmission percentages....but maybe now I will. Watch this space
Rob
Which filters are they Rob?
Jim
I found these they seem to be fair priced and quality as well.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=010
What do you think????
I have used skylight (clear) filters. They are used by photographers on SLR lenses to protect them - if they get scratched, marked or cracked its only a cheep screw on replacement as opposed to an expensive lens repair/replacement.
I have a couple that I have already done some tests with, I need to duplicate those tests on one more filter and I will post the results (hopefully tomorrow)
Rob
This is their posted transmission for the lense in question....the Super A/R coated units
http://photofilter.com/hoya_filter_i....htm#Super_HMC
This looks as good as any optic I have seen here in the Edmond catalogue....except for a lot cheaper !!
Is this a good one?
Hoya 52mm Super HMC Skylight Filter
16 bucks aint bad
What happend to this?
I am still intrested in anti reflect coated windows!!
hopefully most people took my advice and went out and bought photo filters.
Rob