What Steve said.
Printable View
What Steve said.
Both of you seem to be willing to take any side of any argument as long as it contradicts what I have said.
In the almost 12 years I have known anything about ILDA and their file format, I have not changed my position on the matter.
I have never read anything from Steve that said, "You're right, James! The ILDA file spec should be public domain!"
Now it is.
We all win.
And it only took 11 years.
Yeah!
Now, argue with that.
James.
So, because ILDA decided to make the ILDA standard available to the public for free you are now right about everything? Your format 3 arguments are still ridiculous and format 3 isn't even included in the standard. That's what I stand behind now and have always stood behind. Argue with that.
My "format 3 arguments" are detailed here:
http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...836#post307836
As far as I know, these statements are technically sound.
What part of this do you find "ridiculous"?
One of my greivences with ILDA over the past many years is that they left the expired broken copy of the spec in the public domain and offered the version with 4 & 5 on the members-only side.
Now it's open.
That's good.
What is ridiculous is that you were continuing to use the non-standard Format 3 that you knew was never going to be adopted and to continue to argue its merits. It was a ridiculous waste of time and still is.
And it still works exactly as I have described it.
I wrote the code that allows LaserBoy to open and save the 32 byte header version of format 3 before it ever appeared in any public spec.
After that, I got some feedback from drlava about modifying the LB code to be able to read the 16 byte header version of format 3 as well.
So that code has been done and part of the whole for a very long time.
LB opens 0, 1, 2, 3-16-byte, 3-32-byte, 4 and 5.
LB saves 0, 1, 2, 3-32-byte, 4 and 5.
It opens anything ILDA you throw at it.
The user has the option of saving everything in either 4 or 5.
Why would I want to change that?
The existence of format 3 in any form takes nothing away from the utility of the file spec. It only adds the capabilities I have already described.
Your arguments are rarely, if ever, of a technical nature.
They are usually emotional and irrational.
James.
The code is there and done even if it is never used.
So what?
It's like your proposal to create your own ILDA format 6! Like I said, you are willing to take any side of any argument as long as it opposes some recent statement of mine.
Don't think too hard about it, Gary.
Just proclaim yourself to be 100% correct in all matters regardless of the reality that lies before you.
That always works for me! :)
James.
Sounds good to me.
But, I scratched Format 6 and am going straight to Format 7 since any multiple of 3 would be bad.
Brilliant!!!
James.