Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Georgia or Bust! --- For Real This Time...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    Ahh, dammit!

Chattanooga is my old stomping ground.

if you need a cheap venue, try the VFW. If you'd like to know anything about bars and where to go, let me know.

OOOH! That sounds extremely do-able. Thanks for the tip! You know about what they would charge for a Saturday night?

we did the final episode of our college tv show there, i want to say it was in the $300-$400 range. I know they said we could save some money if we cleaned up ourselves. I was taught to mop by an old navy guy,so that impressed them too.

also, the bar is dirt cheap.

here's their info: 1491 Riverside Dr, Chattanooga, TN 37406-4312, United States(423) 624-6687‎

not too far from the downtown, either.

EDIT: I have no idea what sort of power capabilities they have.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    we did the final episode of our college tv show there, i want to say it was in the $300-$400 range. I know they said we could save some money if we cleaned up ourselves. I was taught to mop by an old navy guy,so that impressed them too.

also, the bar is dirt cheap.

here's their info: 1491 Riverside Dr, Chattanooga, TN 37406-4312, United States(423) 624-6687‎

not too far from the downtown, either.

EDIT: I have no idea what sort of power capabilities they have.

Ouch! That's a little steep for a small event. I'll give them a call though and see what we an negotiate.
    Thanks Again!

hrm... I'm not sure you'll find much for less than that.

your best bets are the chattanoogan, but I know they don't have any industrial power available.

also is the chattanooga Choo-choo, I can't remember who owns that hotel, but it's massive, and they have a lot of spaces.

If I were still there I could probably drag you guys to one of our theatres, if they were dark that day.

C'est la vie, no?
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

We're 100 mi due north from Chattanooga. Coming down Saturday afternoon/night shouldn't be a problem. We have the kids that weekend but even if they come--they are well behaved. As for a venue that;s not too much $$, maybe get the meeting room in whatever hotel you (us) are staying at??

Another option; I close on Saturdays at noon. Mind you, it is a tire warehouse and not all that comfortable, but there is plenty of space and 220V 3ph if needed and it's free. We would love to offer up our house but we're in the process of moving, it's small and quite cluttered at the moment.

Pianoman is in Chattanooga too, I think --Haven't seen him on board in a while though.

We're up for whatever. Mystrys likes to plan everything out, I like seat of the pants planning. Should be fun regardless.......

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    We're 100 mi due north from Chattanooga. Coming down Saturday afternoon/night shouldn't be a problem. We have the kids that weekend but even if they come--they are well behaved. As for a venue that;s not too much $$, maybe get the meeting room in whatever hotel you (us) are staying at??

Another option; I close on Saturdays at noon. Mind you, it is a tire warehouse and not all that comfortable, but there is plenty of space and 220V 3ph if needed and it's free. We would love to offer up our house but we're in the process of moving, it's small and quite cluttered at the moment.

Pianoman is in Chattanooga too, I think --Haven't seen him on board in a while though.

We're up for whatever. Mystrys likes to plan everything out, I like seat of the pants planning. Should be fun regardless.......

Hey Doug!
    That sounds like an option that would work for me. Two hours away I can do if you're willing to let us invade your shop and if Cookieville works for everyone else. If not, maybe we could get the VFW like Coffee suggested as long as we split up the cost. I imagine I'll be staying at the "El Dive Inn" at the worksite to save costs so There is probably no chance of a decent meeting area but I'll check around either way.

Everyone else who is interested in a meet please chime in. Once we have a location set we'll start a thread and see who else can make this possible impromptu LEM.

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post

I am too far away to make it... but you said magic words in your post! 3-phase, and free.... Besides you have that great argon that just is begging to shoot into that wall beind the shop (yes I watched your videos). Bring a few cases of umm diode ice and a sleeping bag ....

-Adam (no the other adam not that one)
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Looks like I may be back on board.

Problem with the 88 appears solved.

Message sent to pianoman.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Hey sorry for delay. College is keeping me busy . That sounds amazing! I am definately in. I just got some new post holders and bases that I need set in my projector. Since I've never done it b4, some help from those more experienced would be much appreciated. I also need to mount a 200mw green DPSS. The trick is mounting it so that it isn't in the way when I have the Ion running. I would also like to set it up such that it can run through the lumia whilst the ion runs through scanners or vice versa. It will take some strategic planning, but I believe that's what laser enthusiasts live for . Thanks, for offering up your shop mophead. I'll give some thought to other possible venues. The Science Theatre, where I bought my laser initially comes to mind. Not sure of pricing, here's the info if your interested (I would just have to make sure they didn't see that the laser that used to be theirs is working perfectly now, they might want to buy it back ):

255 Northgate Mall
    Chattanooga, TN

423-875-8522

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

If I can't make it, Pianoman needs a #7 or F drill bit, a 1/4-20 tap, a drill motor, and some tapping lessons.
    Also he might need some 6-32 holes for the DPSS
    Bottom of the projector needs 2-3 new 1/4-20 holes.

Also a frequency counter good to 100 mhz to set up his PCAOM. Hes only getting 3 maybe 4 lines, so the other 4 switch settings need set.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...