Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TLEM - Saturday, January 30th 2010 - Tennessee

I'll probobly be looking at 5-6PM arrival, Maybe sooner. I should be able to hang until the wee hours or until Doug kicks me out. My dad will also be attending and he has a vast electrical and engineering background and likes lasers as well.

Either way, I'll keep Doug posted on what I got planned for the day so he doesn't have to wait up for me. How are we on fog machines? anybody got one?

Also, sorry for my short posts and involvement. I have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to get everything ready. The truck is packed but I still have to pack all my shit AND still finish my projector!

I't's gonna be a LOOOONG night. I'm heading out tomorrow around noon.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

If I dont make it I can link up with Evil on his way back in Indianapolis....

Its only 2 hours down to indy....

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default weather

hello

it looks like the weather will keep me from being able to come. if things look better i may try to make it but with I 40 shut down
    it makes for a bad trip
    sorry

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I just called Doug, highways in the area are shut down hard, weather miserable. I'm advised NOT to travel :-(

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

As the night progresses...... s'not getting any better. I was just out. Not good at all.

I'll check in with Pianoman and 300 in the am for a status report. Not looking all that hot.

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    As the night progresses...... s'not getting any better. I was just out. Not good at all.

I'll check in with Pianoman and 300 in the am for a status report. Not looking all that hot.

It's just a couple flakes!!! I got in town around 10AM today, as soon as I got the last copier off the truck it started to snow. Everyone around here is freaking out! EVERYTHING is closed and there are cars smashed up everywhere. Funny thing is, makes no difference to us. This would be a light dusting in WI.

Well, I'm okay with driving if the event is still on, If not, no big deal. I'll call ya tomorrow, Doug. If it's still on, looks like I can split around 2PM from here.

We're still on as far as I'm concerned. This country boy can drive in the snow/ice - there again, i'm here and y'all have to drive.

Y'all's decision. I'm down for whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    We're still on as far as I'm concerned. This country boy can drive in the snow/ice - there again, i'm here and y'all have to drive.

Y'all's decision. I'm down for whatever.
    Cool!

Just got done tuning my new DT40Pro scanners in my hotel room. Man these things are nice! Now if I can only find that screw....

I'm totally up for it. The roads can only get better I would think, seeing as the snow is supposed to be done by 3am. It normally takes me 2 hours to get from Nash. to Chatt. It took me 6 and a half today! I'm tired to say the least and sick of traffic, but I made it. I didn't drive all this way in the snow/ice for nothing'. I'm still good to go if you guys are. As long as the roads are not shut down I think I can handle em'. I made the trip today in a Mustang, not good traction. I'll be using my parents four wheel drive SUV tommorrow, the roads shouldn't give it any problems.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
    I'm totally up for it. The roads can only get better I would think, seeing as the snow is supposed to be done by 3am. It normally takes me 2 hours to get from Nash. to Chatt. It took me 6 and a half today! I'm tired to say the least and sick of traffic, but I made it. I didn't drive all this way in the snow/ice for nothing'. I'm still good to go if you guys are. As long as the roads are not shut down I think I can handle em'. I made the trip today in a Mustang, not good traction. I'll be using my parents four wheel drive SUV tommorrow, the roads shouldn't give it any problems.

Jonathan

Sweet! We have a LEM! Yeah, we drove down here in a 26ft box truck and haven't slept a wink since Wednesday. I'm gonna sleep like a rock tonight and will be ready to go tomorrow.