Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old laser show equipment for sale

Default old laser show equipment for sale

Hi, we're moving out of our old warehouse and need to either sell or trash the following:
    3 spectra physics 168 OEM heads and one 265 exciter, 1 270 sp exciter, 1 557 laser ionics head and power supply, 1 blanked set of general scanning g120 scanners on lasermedia style mount, 1 color box (-r -g -b, shutter in anodized box gm20s actuators), 1 set of scanner amps (4 channels g120 drivers + 8 channels of g20 bidirectional amp drivers) lasermedia amps, 1 lm style optical table, 1 bare krypton 171 tube cracked fill tube with pumper rated at 8+ watts by spectra shipped new arrived cracked from spectra physics, 1 45 kva transformer (208-460), high pressure hoses for cooling with parker hannifin quick connects, assorted optics for lasers, some pinch vises optic input couplers and colimators, some 100 and 50 micron armed jacketed fiber, some precision projection input couplers for connectorized fiber and 1 output coupler. Digitizing software for lasermedia zap systems on amiga hd2000... also old pangolin amiga software....

We're located in New Orleans and mardi gras is feb16 (a perfect excuse to go to the mardi gras and pick up very good bargin), this stuff needs to be out of our building by feb 28th or it gets thrown away.
    Make us an offer on it and pick it up or it gets tossed...

guy sharpless
    824 dakin street
    jefferson, la 70121

504-837-4224
    guy@thefoff.com
    guy@pacesys.com
    4sale.pacesys.com
    some pics on 4sale.pacesys.com

BUMP for you :P

I'm also from New Orleans, there aren't enough of us around here anymore .

Let me know if you need help cleaning out. I love digging through laser storage maybe I can help you *cough*cough* "toss" some things

-Brooks

PS Check your inbox, Im interested in some things(GM-20's)
    Last edited by KGB; 01-26-2010 at 11:54.

Hi Guy -

shoot me a pm - we might be interested in the color box and G120s / amps/drivers... possibly also the 208 > 480 boost...

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

iam interested in the lasermedia digitizing software

You just dug up a post from 6 years ago… kinda missed this one by a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eu1eOne View Post
    iam interested in the lasermedia digitizing software

Hi Eu1eOne, I'm sorry I threw it out... It was on an amiga 2000. The software I had was originally programmed by an ex employee of lasermedia and I haven't been able to contact him in years. My brother and I figured out lasermedia's compression algorithm and were able to decode/disassemble lm's graphics and modules but that was a very long time ago and I really don't have the resources to reconstruct that code. I can tell you that I'm not the only one that was able to break lm's encoding. Patrick Murphy (pangolin's original programmer) had also figured it out and had a patch to translate lm cells into pangolin's format and certainly could go the other way (translate pangolin into lm cells) but wouldn't admit it or publish the fact (laasermedia was a very lawsuit happy company, they tried to sue me at one time).... All that said, there are a number of ex laser people that may have the code or know enough to come up with it.... Paul Rother is the brains behind lm's software, Walt Meador was a close associate and owned a copy of lm's dig system that ran on dos, Patrick Murphy, Joe Fitzpatrick who built the pink floyd droids, and Doug Dulmage all were smart enough to handle creating lm cells... I'm guessing you are reconstructing an old lm system (for your own reasons) and have managed to resurrect an imagen and projection system/scanner and now want to be able to create your own graphics. From past personal experience it was a very manual task that required tracing a connect the dot vector drawing and manually point weighing the corners and curves to compensate for the scanner inertia (I digitized hundreds of graphics and animations), it was very time consuming. On average I spent an hour for every ten seconds program time and complex graphics tooks hours to digitize and they still had to be burned to eprom or flashed into the imagen ram before they could be used. That a z80 based computer did what the imagen did was a very impressive task at the time but the newer systems are far better and cheaper than the old lm stuff will ever be. there is also one other company that hacked the imagen, tarm out of germany... good luck and in the future please email me directly at guysharpless@yahoo.com

Default Imagen graphics eproms or files

I know this is a long shot after all of these years, but I am looking for ANY LaserMedia graphics files.
    I have quite a number of images/logos on file and am willing to share, hopefully trade.
    If you know anyone who may still have any of these files or eproms please contact me. I am working with Paul Rother to try to conserve as much of this art as we can.

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by glorocks View Post
    I know this is a long shot after all of these years, but I am looking for ANY LaserMedia graphics files.
    I have quite a number of images/logos on file and am willing to share, hopefully trade.
    If you know anyone who may still have any of these files or eproms please contact me. I am working with Paul Rother to try to conserve as much of this art as we can.
    If you know anyone who may still have any of these files or eproms please contact me. I am working with Paul Rother to try to conserve as much of this art as we can.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by expovue; 01-15-2020 at 09:10.

Default Old LM graphics

Quote Originally Posted by expovue View Post
    Hey,
    I have everything just about that was from Laser Media. Shows, imagens, parts, schematics, proms, ZAP/Level3/Digi manuals etc.
    Tell me what you need and I can help.
    Hi-
    Amazed that old post got a reply!
    I am looking for any LaserMedia graphics files or eproms. I have several hundred files I can trade. If what you have is on eprom, I can copy the eproms and return them. I know the labels have a nasty habit of falling off after years of storage, so unless you have cataloged what you have they need to be read.
    I have three Imagen II processors, and one original Imagen that needs a processor board- managed to fry the old one, so I am looking for one.
    I'm fond of the Imagen because it not only does graphics after a fashion, but it is an excellent show controller
    Have numerous schematics, but always looking for more.
    Don't know if you ar familiar with the Mandalla analog console, but I have a complete set of schematics-
    Are you selling, trading, or what? I really, really want to get a copy of Pegasus!
    Let me know, and thank you very much for your reply
    Cheers,
    Jay
    My email address is lytewizard@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by expovue View Post
    Hey,
    I have everything just about that was from Laser Media. Shows, imagens, parts, schematics, proms, ZAP/Level3/Digi manuals etc.
    Tell me what you need and I can help.

I'm also interested to hear about whatever else laser-related you may have saved from those days.