Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Introducing LWave

Have you given any though to making the plots loopable?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    What he means is can you make a set of functions that are truly periodic over time. In other words the last frame looks like the first.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I think the word loopable gets that point across.

Loop - a structure, series, or process the end of which is connected to the beginning.
    -able - a suffix meaning “capable of, susceptible of, fit for, tending to, given to,”
    Last edited by keeperx; 12-19-2018 at 05:53.

I'll try fudging the axis rotational frequencies tonight - make them harmonic or something. Are there any specific plots you're interested in?

OK, I made an LWave hack that only affects Plot 4001 so that it repeats every 20 sec, let me know what you think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW4001.gif 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	54885
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is perfect. I have tested this for my use case and its exactly what I (and I bet others) are looking for. I would LOVE to see a bunch of them have that option. I feel like that makes the output of LWave more useful to integrate into actual shows.
    Last edited by keeperx; 12-19-2018 at 05:54.

That is perfect. I have tested this for my use case and its exactly what I (and I bet others) are looking for. I would LOVE to see a bunch of them have that option. I feel like that makes the output of LWave more useful to integrate into actual shows.
    I'm thinking about adding user specified axis rotational rates for all 3D plots so you can make them cycle out at any time frame or not at all. My original intent long ago was to hard code the rates so that plots would never quite cycle out over time. Gonna take a bit of code editing...

Updated EXE

Added user specified axis rotational rates for all 3D plots so you can make them cycle out in a predictable time frame or not at all, plus a couple minor additions.

Default Another Update

Updated EXE

Added a new ILD file output option called SD to save ILD files in a format that is best suited for SD card projectors with TTL color.
    Added a Play Music Selection to allow playback of a separate stereo track when playing back 6 channel waves or ILD files. Playback of the music
    selection can be routed to another audio device if a modified sound card is in use for the projector. A couple other tweaks are also included.

Updated EXE

Utilized a codec to broaden the range of stereo file types that can be read into LWave.

Corrected unforseen issues with some plots that occured as a result of adding adjustable rotational rates for X Y Z.