Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing LWave

so i tried the program on notebook (another computer) running win7 64-bit but i got the same error, so i tried to run it in VirtualBox with win xp as guest os and that works without a problem, so that's sufficient for me

Default LWave with EasyLase and RIYA Support (maybe...)

LWave was originally written to make exclusive use of modified audio cards by generating multi-channel wave files and playing them back as audio data. Modified soundcards do have their own headaches and they are not for everyone,so I've attempted to add support for the EasyLase and RIYA DACs in this new test version. When using either of these devices, it's not necessary to set LWave to generate multi-ch waves, as the data is passed directly to the automatically detected card when the plot sequence is started, and stereo sound is routed to the default audio device.

Since I don't own either of these DACs, this version is NOT tested... If anyone who has one of these devices and wants to try out an oddball abstract generator, here it is:

Look for LW_01_11_Test.zip at http://laserboy.org/lwave/

Dean

Default Missing File

I forgot to include an important file in the LW test version so that is now fixed. If you have the older version of LWave installed, you already have the missing file.

http://laserboy.org/lwave/

Dean

This release of LWave adds a couple new audioscope plots based on imported music files. Most important, it now uses Madplay (a freeware mp3 decoder) to create plots from mp3
    music files (thanks drlava!). Previously, LWave was limited to wave file imports exclusively.

I probably should have dealt with this long ago, but better late than never... Who else but me would make a habit of carrying hundreds of GB's of uncompressed wave audio from CD's on their HD?

Dean
    LW_06_11_Release.zip

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Who else but me would make a habit of carrying hundreds of GB's of uncompressed wave audio from CD's on their HD? Dean LW_06_11_Release.zip
    Anyone with acute hearing perhaps! (Have you ever tried listening to flamenco in MP3) LOL

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 06-29-2011 at 22:47. Reason: oops!

Digging up an ancient thread...

A couple years back I blew the dust off of LWave and made an updated version, but never got around to posting it... Oops!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I checked out the PL ftp site recently and I was amazed at the amount of excellent ILDA file content, so I decided to dig out an ILD to WAV app that I wrote long ago and
    cobble it into LWave so that I could easily view the files from there. This version of LWave also allows easy conversion of an entire set of frames to bitmap with just a
    few clicks. Yeah, I know- all we need is yet another ILDA viewer (but this one will allow you to hear the XY signal as you watch).

This attachment is just the updated LWave.exe file; you still need to run the full install from the previous version (if you have not already done so) in order to use it.

I have a few comments on LWave since I do use it regularly.

I would love to see loopable output, in other words it would be nice if the abstract completed a cycle and ended up where it started.

The interface is a little all over the place. The easy fix here would be to use some grouping boxes to put things in logical groups. For instance a group for "Output" a group for "Settings" whatever. I have read through the doc and think that grouping selections could make the interface a little more friendly.

The output bitmap settings dont need to pop up every time

Once I start a plot in the plot window, there is no way to stop it.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post

Once I start a plot in the plot window, there is no way to stop it.
    The Plot Space must have focus then press spacebar. You can also pause by pressing P then you can move forward or backward a frame at a time using the LR arrows and press P again to resume- makes it easy to find a frame to send to bmp. Thanks for the feedback!

Welcome back!

Updated EXE.

Addressed safety issue where beam stays on unintentionally with some soundcard drivers, plus a minor bug fix to a problem that can happen when selecting a source file.