Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My simple software for bitmap to ilda file conversion

It there any possibility of adding a batch option to this. It works very well for what I need, but I have 20000 frames I would like to run the same set of parameters on. Also how difficult would it be to recognize different colors in an RGB range and assign them the nearest solid true R G or Blue? instead of picking a color to use for the whole image?

John
    leading in trailing technology

There is an interesting algorithm for this in the "graphics gems" books (In fact all 5 or so volumes are brilliant), and imagemagick has some possibly useful pre processing kernels for edge enhancement and speckle reduction.

Once you have the edges it probably makes sense to fit splines to them (Graphics gems again) before rendering the output based on the resulting set of splines rather then trying to fit the quantised data directly.

Martin Webber wrote a package called "Autotrace" (open source) that could be interesting as a converter to vector art.

One interesting metric that people often forget is that with a little thought you can have the image analysis kick out a left handed shape for outside curves and a right handed one for inside curves, this is useful when trying to eliminate almost duplicate lines.

Regards, Dan.

Hi all,

How can i download BMP 2 ILD version 2.0 ?

And how can i create ILD files from simple JPG imagem?

I'm new and my laser point uses ILD files to project...

how can i make it? thanks so much

Can you update the link? FTP password seems to have changed.

Hi c4r0!
    I'm trying to download the file, but the ftp serve needs a login & a password...
    Since I'm a novice here... What are the access credentials needed?
    many thanks
    ciao from Italy!
    Mario

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i use a combination of autotrace and ildsos for my conversions.

here's a writeup on my process: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...326#post223326

Quote Originally Posted by DMills View Post
    There is an interesting algorithm for this in the "graphics gems" books (In fact all 5 or so volumes are brilliant), and imagemagick has some possibly useful pre processing kernels for edge enhancement and speckle reduction.

Once you have the edges it probably makes sense to fit splines to them (Graphics gems again) before rendering the output based on the resulting set of splines rather then trying to fit the quantised data directly.

Martin Webber wrote a package called "Autotrace" (open source) that could be interesting as a converter to vector art.

One interesting metric that people often forget is that with a little thought you can have the image analysis kick out a left handed shape for outside curves and a right handed one for inside curves, this is useful when trying to eliminate almost duplicate lines.

Regards, Dan.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi C4r0
    Im trying dowload the BMP2ILD
    but the ftp serve needs a login & password...
    Can you send it to me or post other link to download ?
    I need to convert some logos here.
    Thank you very much
    Marcel

Hey Marcelf!
    Here is the SW.
    Password protected,the pass is the name of this site(the word between dots )
    BMP2ILDv2

UPDATE: I found it... feeling clever right now! :P

http://www.photonlexicon.com/symlink...bmp2ild_v2.exe

--------------------------------------------

Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, please submit a ticket.

--------------------------------------------

I would very much like to try this out - is there an updated link? Thanks, Tom
    Last edited by tsteele93; 08-27-2012 at 11:08.

Hi Everyone. I just clicked on the link and it asks for a username and password to download the file and I can't seem to download it. I'm new the these forums