Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My simple software for bitmap to ilda file conversion

Default My simple software for bitmap to ilda file conversion

Hi!
    I wrote a simple program for bitmap to .ild file conversion. You can download it from PL ftp:
    ftp://plftp:ildaswap@ftp.photonlexic...ld/bmp2ild.exe
    Just check this out and tell me what you think I tested the generated files with mamba 2004 demo. This program saves single frame files, but I'm working on something that could combine frames from a few files to one file, split one multiframed file or change the frames order in file
    Last edited by c4r0; 02-12-2010 at 12:46.
    http://c4r0.byethost9.com/ - If you like lasers, high voltage, x-rays and stuff like that, check out my website

What do the "Save every pixel" and repeat blank points do ?
    When i was playing with it it said at one point: Too namy points (>65536).
    I think this should read Too many points ;-)

I have a white BMP with a black outlined text (hobbybob) but when i load it, it only shows up as a very lightly red dotted line. Opening in Quickshow, also shows it as a dotted line.
    Perhaps i can change that with the corresponding settings ?

Changing the values and pressing redraw draws my bitmap in the right window, but does not redraw the converted file ?

Anyway, excellent start ! Since it does convert. Hopefully you can explain me how to convert the file correctly ?

And if i may make some future request: An import function for a numbered string of bitmaps (Like hobbybob0001.bmp hobbybob0002.bmp hobbybob0003.bmp) and then outputting them into one ILD file would be excellent !

Keep up the good work really appreciate it ! Well done.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Very very good start. I was able to trace black text on white background. It would be super awesome if someone makes good tracing software. Thats what we need.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    I have a white BMP with a black outlined text (hobbybob) but when i load it, it only shows up as a very lightly red dotted line. Opening in Quickshow, also shows it as a dotted line.
    Hi HobbyBob,

If you send us the corresponding bitmap we'll take a look. Valery has done some work on that part of the pgram recently, so I'd like to make sure any additional work that needs to be done can be done all at the same time.

And if i may make some future request: An import function for a numbered string of bitmaps (Like hobbybob0001.bmp hobbybob0002.bmp hobbybob0003.bmp) and then outputting them into one ILD file would be excellent !
    I think TraceIT can do this, and you get TraceIT for free along with the FB3 or LD2000. You can download it here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/UpdateFiles.htm

Bill

Hi c4r0!

Thanks for sharing your work. Converting an ILDA file to BMP is easy, but what you are doing is a much greater challenge.

I've looked at your app, and I'm having some trouble getting things to work right, but it looks like you have put some thought into it- keep at it!. If you would like, I could PM some test material to see what you can do with it.

Dean

Hi guys, sorry for late response but I had no internet access for a week.

What do the "Save every pixel" and repeat blank points do ?
    You have answers to these questions in the program's help Click the "Help and About" button to see it.

When i was playing with it it said at one point: Too namy points (>65536).
    I think this should read Too many points ;-)
    Yep, you're right If there was not so many points in fact, probably the program went to some infinite loop :P

Changing the values and pressing redraw draws my bitmap in the right window, but does not redraw the converted file ?
    This button actually does nothing but redraw the original picture from left panel to the right. It may be halpful to see if you haven't omitted any part of the picture when converting.

This is not a problem at all, but automatic conversion have some disadvantages (mentioned in the program's Help).

~ dchammonds
    It would be nice to get that test materials
    http://c4r0.byethost9.com/ - If you like lasers, high voltage, x-rays and stuff like that, check out my website

Hi Dchammons/c4r0,

I have some testmaterials i can share.
    Reading the help file i understand it's disadvantages, still if you would be able to built in multiple file support it would be great !
    I didn't fail !

Reading the help file i understand it's disadvantages, still if you would be able to built in multiple file support it would be great !
    Hi! I'll try to add this function ASAP but I'm quite busy this week. I suppose it would be good to put all automatically generated frames into one .ild file

I'm attaching some exapmple bitmaps and generated ILD files just to show you what kind of pics this software is for The evil monkey file has been generated by auto scan function with scanning by horizontal lines.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Will test it out tonight !
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    I didn't fail !

Hi!
    Here's the new version: ftp://plftp:ildaswap@ftp.photonlexic...p2ild_v1.1.exe

I made the function that hobbybob asked for. To automatically convert many BMPs just place them in one folder, then select the folder in the folder tree (You'll see the bitmaps in the file list box) and use 'The hobbybob button' All files from the folder will be converted using color and scanning method (with horizontal or vertical lines) selected before and result frames will be saved in "THE_FILE.ild" file in the bitmaps' folder. Just don't be surprised if the program freez during this process :P There's no way to cancel started conversion so better first try it with less than hundreds of sophisticated bmp files I tested it with the materials attached to this post.

I also added text function ('Text' frame in the main window). It writes a single line text with the specified font to the left graphic panel, so that if you want to make an ilda file with a simple text you don't have to write this text in MS paint and save to BMP to use my program Probably every ilda editor has some text function like this but I don't know any free editor (nor have I any paid :P ). This function has a bug, sometimes the resultatnt frame is just a bunch of random points. I haven't figured out what's going on with it yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by c4r0; 02-27-2010 at 09:19.